Running wire from alternator directly to rear bank

So I've got this Suburban with 3 Finishline 200A alternators under the hood, then 4 huge NSB 480 looking batteries in the rear.

As I bought the vehicle, there are currently only 4 runs total of 1/0 wire (2 for positive from the front battery, then 2 negatives grounded to the vehicle rear).

For 600A that seems like too little wire to me. Is that the case? I was thinking I should have atleast 4.

As you can see, my battery terminals are pretty much full, so I'm looking for other options.

Is there any reason NOT to just run from the alternators to the rear bank?

There are currently zero fuses in this vehicle, if that matters at all.

CtZHDb7l.jpg

t6BhSSUl.jpg

On a similar note, how many runs of wire would you guys run for the following alternator power?

1) 600 amps

2) 940 amps

Thanks for any and all your help guys. Always learning a ton here!

I have a 270a alt and a 320a alt and have 4 runs of 2/0 positive alone, with 7 rear frame grounds and 5 up front (steel frame truck so no full length).

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

For 940a, I personally would have 6 1/0 positives going to the rear bank or more.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

2 hours ago, ChevyBoy95 said:

I have a 270a alt and a 320a alt and have 4 runs of 2/0 positive alone, with 7 rear frame grounds and 5 up front (steel frame truck so no full length).

Do you see any reason that they should all hit the front battery? Or do you think I can run straight from the alternators to the rear bank?

2 hours ago, RedFred said:

Do you see any reason that they should all hit the front battery? Or do you think I can run straight from the alternators to the rear bank?

In my blazer build, I ran 4 runs directly from the alts, to the rear bank, then a single run back to the front bat. 

Don't drive it anywhere until you get the fuses for the runs. If it got "T" boned it would burn down for sure. I'm not sure how much room you have, but there might be a way to make a buss bar for the back of the alternators to bolt all the runs to. Get yourself a hydraulic crimper and use ring terminal lugs on everything. Those set screw terminal connections will fail especially under hood. There is a thread somewhere about the crimper I will see if I can find it. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Im the guy that dont fuse many things, others do,... but, a run of wire running the entire length of the rig, not fused, is full retard.... lazy even imho. But its your rig/choice.

And this from the guy on the forum that giggles at fusing amp runs (if short) and alt to front (if short) bat runs......

I do know a couple dudes that dont fuse anything, not even their FtR runs tho, and have ran that way for years. Just seems like a "when, not if" type of deal to me though, and shit, its easy, and cheap to do. But whatevs, its your rig. 

I had a OH SHIT moment in the blazer. (shit, i think i started a thread on it somewhere on here)

One of the runs snapped the tie straps on the frame, and then proceeded to rub its self bare on the rear tire when the suspension would cycle deep. I drove it a state away for a comp, and when i got there, i did a quick look around before hitting the lanes, and found a fuse blown, both up front, and in the rear, both blown to shit. Then discovered the run that had been rubbed clean and directly on the frame. Tripped me out.  If i had not had fuses on that run, the blazer would have been a pile of ashes. Some scary shit. All that money, time, hard work, on the side of the road burning because of a 3 dollar fuse and holder. Yup, fuck that. 

Archived