Sundown Audio

Does anyone own a crescendo bc series ampifier?

akuma4u

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use test tones and a DMM to check.  

1) Turn SSF off, measure voltage output of a 30Hz test tone.

2) Multiply that voltage by 0.707.  Thats your target value.

3) Adjust SSF until hitting your target value.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

7 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Use test tones and a DMM to check.  

1) Turn SSF off, measure voltage output of a 30Hz test tone.

2) Multiply that voltage by 0.707.  Thats your target value.

3) Adjust SSF until hitting your target value.

so i do this after setting my gains? or before?

also , at what volume level on the h/u do i do this at?

The filter has no effect on your gain setting, and it doesn't matter what volume. A low to moderate volume level will suffice. 

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Why do you want your subsonic filter set at 30hz?

he must not be about the lows. tiss a shame.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

30hz ssf setting may be a bit low for a 40hz tuning. Use your senses when you turn the volume up. Set the ssf higher if you feel like the subs are gonna launch

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 minute ago, WalledSonic said:

30hz ssf setting may be a bit low for a 40hz tuning. Use your senses when you turn the volume up. Set the ssf higher if you feel like the subs are gonna launch

I was using the formula that i found in a ssf filter setting thread. Tuning ÷ 2 then that number ÷ 2 then - answer from tuning. 40 - 20 = 20 ÷2 = 10. 40 - 10 = 30hz

Now then i have played around with the ssf and had it in different spots and it sounds cleaner when its half way and above which i suspect is 30hz and on. But when its half way or below i get more lower bass vibration and extension but it doesnt sound as clean. Sounds a bit muffled or dirty. Ive only had sub bottom out on one part of a track and it damn near gave mr a heart attack. Happened while listening at high volume driving on highway. Sounded like box was about to explode. Only happened on that one note part of one track. Guess it hit down around 25 hz or so.. 

1 hour ago, akuma4u said:

I was using the formula that i found in a ssf filter setting thread. Tuning ÷ 2 then that number ÷ 2 then - answer from tuning. 40 - 20 = 20 ÷2 = 10. 40 - 10 = 30hz

Now then i have played around with the ssf and had it in different spots and it sounds cleaner when its half way and above which i suspect is 30hz and on. But when its half way or below i get more lower bass vibration and extension but it doesnt sound as clean. Sounds a bit muffled or dirty. Ive only had sub bottom out on one part of a track and it damn near gave mr a heart attack. Happened while listening at high volume driving on highway. Sounded like box was about to explode. Only happened on that one note part of one track. Guess it hit down around 25 hz or so.. 

Half octave below tuning is a good place to start for a SSF.  Im not hating on that.  But here's an example of why I recommend being careful when you crank it up the first time:

My ported box is measured and proven at 26Hz tuning.  Half octave would be 19.5Hz.  Around 20.5Hz, I have a sharp impedance peak and the subs tend to bottom out around 19Hz.  I was forced to set my SSF at 21Hz to avoid bottoming out.  When I upgrade from 6000W to 9000W, I may have to move it up to 22-23Hz, depending on how much the subs flex.  

Anyway, good luck man.  Use that DMM so at least you know where its set at.

IG @walledsonic

Archived