Sundown Audio

Does anyone own a crescendo bc series ampifier?

akuma4u

8 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Half octave below tuning is a good place to start for a SSF.  Im not hating on that.  But here's an example of why I recommend being careful when you crank it up the first time:

My ported box is measured and proven at 26Hz tuning.  Half octave would be 19.5Hz.  Around 20.5Hz, I have a sharp impedance peak and the subs tend to bottom out around 19Hz.  I was forced to set my SSF at 21Hz to avoid bottoming out.  When I upgrade from 6000W to 9000W, I may have to move it up to 22-23Hz, depending on how much the subs flex.  

Anyway, good luck man.  Use that DMM so at least you know where its set at.

That makes sense. Overpowering would make all frequencies more pronounced so it would be safer to compensate by going a few hz higher on the ssf. Regarding the ssf, i got some bad advice from creacendo tech support. I told them i was tuned around 40hz and they told me to set the ssf just a tad above 3 oclock. That position woukdbbe around. 22Hz. I asked them isnt that too low and yhey said my sub can handle it since it has a strong motor. But trust me..it didnt. I found that oit the shocking and hard way. Good thing i didnt cause any damage to the sub. Just now i set the ssf as someone mentioned a lil higher than what i suspect to be 30hz and it does in fact sound cleaner and i get more nose and lip vibration now i guess cuz of less distortion and a cleaner output? I also came across an article by mtx stating the higher and closer to tuning u set your ssf the higher dbs you will do and higher point u can set your gain at as well. 

20 hours ago, akuma4u said:

That makes sense. Overpowering would make all frequencies more pronounced so it would be safer to compensate by going a few hz higher on the ssf. Regarding the ssf, i got some bad advice from creacendo tech support. I told them i was tuned around 40hz and they told me to set the ssf just a tad above 3 oclock. That position woukdbbe around. 22Hz. I asked them isnt that too low and yhey said my sub can handle it since it has a strong motor. But trust me..it didnt. I found that oit the shocking and hard way. Good thing i didnt cause any damage to the sub. Just now i set the ssf as someone mentioned a lil higher than what i suspect to be 30hz and it does in fact sound cleaner and i get more nose and lip vibration now i guess cuz of less distortion and a cleaner output? I also came across an article by mtx stating the higher and closer to tuning u set your ssf the higher dbs you will do and higher point u can set your gain at as well. 

akuma are you on OBS on facebook? ontario bass society? noticed you are from Toronto.. i am in Niagara.

bottoming subs out is never the greatest sound.. what i use to do was play my lowest song (at that time) and then turn it up slowly and if they bottomed out i would turn it up a bit.

then repeat until satisfied.

but eventually i ended up setting the subsonic LOWER and controlling the sub/amp volume separate with a pac lc1.

the reason for this is because the slope of the sub sonic filter was so shallow it was starting to take output away from frequencies a few hertz above the "bottom out" freq that i KNEW i could play at higher volume... if that makes sense.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

20 minutes ago, goldeneye4564 said:

akuma are you on OBS on facebook? ontario bass society? noticed you are from Toronto.. i am in Niagara.

bottoming subs out is never the greatest sound.. what i use to do was play my lowest song (at that time) and then turn it up slowly and if they bottomed out i would turn it up a bit.

then repeat until satisfied.

but eventually i ended up setting the subsonic LOWER and controlling the sub/amp volume separate with a pac lc1.

the reason for this is because the slope of the sub sonic filter was so shallow it was starting to take output away from frequencies a few hertz above the "bottom out" freq that i KNEW i could play at higher volume... if that makes sense.

It does make sense, since the cutoff frequency is 0.707 times full voltage.  This means a couple of hertz above the cutoff is where the attenuation actually begins.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

4 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

It does make sense, since the cutoff frequency is 0.707 times full voltage.  This means a couple of hertz above the cutoff is where the attenuation actually begins.

yup yupppp.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

1 minute ago, Kyblack76 said:

what does subsonic filter and bottom out mean ??? 

;) 

Not everyone tunes to 5hz kyle

Is that a function of the driver or the 4th, kyle?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

2 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Is that a function of the driver or the 4th, kyle?

Some drivers are made, where they all but cant hit the back plate. Ran my sp4's in a flat, and couldnt get them to bottom out. Its the way they are built. Youd have to loose the surround, and every spider on it to go back enough to hit. :)

Fold the surrounds and not care ftmfcsw, 4 year old drivers. When i put a 6500 on each, and my enclosure being to large, way to large, i lost rear spider joints,.... the one above my head was the worse. I ran em like that for another full season, and half the next one ;)

Archived