4 B2 21" in a 6th, plexiglass, LEDs, the usual.

42 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Jeff your builds are always dope as fuck.  Gotta love your taste for plexi installs.

Im wondering what the PVC is doing in the middle of the front chamber?  

looks like a series tuned 6th, So that is basically the port to  the front chamber.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, strangeduck said:

looks like a series tuned 6th, So that is basically the port to  the front chamber.

I understand how a 6th works, I just havent seen the subs split by the front port before.  Im always interested to learn something new though.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

3 hours ago, notorious97200 said:

That is really impressive !

You always post some nice and huge builds. 

Congrats.

Thanks bro!

2 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Jeff your builds are always dope as fuck.  Gotta love your taste for plexi installs.

Im wondering what the PVC is doing in the middle of the front chamber?  

Thanks Sonic. The PVC is in there due to this enclosure being a 6th order bandpass, they are the ports for the "rear" aka bottom section.

1 hour ago, Karkov said:

Holy fuck

Always...ALWAYS doing it big down in Texas with you...

You guys are so serious about these audio builds, lol.  I like the title, "the usual"  maybe for you!  haha

Love the work as always.  Maybe I missed it but what is his goals with it and what did he want it tuned to?  

I never even wrote it in now that I look lol. Fuuuck.'y bad

its a 1.6ish:1 6th order bandpass, 24 ported in the rear, 39ish ported in the front, aeros are a pair of 8"s at 17" long each giving a tuned of 24hz in the rear, should stay 15ish give or take and up, gonna shrink the front port as/if needed.. goals are rip your wig off demos and if it does a nice number that's cool too????

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

Correct. Subs were more towards the front as there wasn't much room left lol. 4 21"s take up quite a bit of surface area

Very cool man, never seen the ports split up like that before.  How does it play?  Looking forward to VIDS!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

figured you just had a shit ton of port area and it looks weird to some people.

Yeah in the front, for now. Will shrink as needed.

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

Very cool man, never seen the ports split up like that before.  How does it play?  Looking forward to VIDS!

Not sure yet, still waiting on a sub. Both amps are in, and have 3 subs.. just need that last sub and it's go time.

1 hour ago, _paralyzed_ said:

Killer build.  I love the look through with the plexiglass.

Same man. Takes the build to another level IMO

Sick shit...as usual.  

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Archived