Second Skin Audio

Triticum's Improved Port Area Calculator

On 12/29/2018 at 8:28 PM, 06RTCharger said:

What should i enter for net volume if i dont know what the size and length of the port will be yet? A port could end up displacing a whole cube or more. 

What volume do you all use? Before port displacment or do u try to questimate a port displacment?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2018 at 6:55 PM, 06RTCharger said:

What volume do you all use? Before port displacment or do u try to questimate a port displacment?

Sorry I'm slow to respond.  

My calculator really is intended for when you know what your net volume is going to be.  If you are in a situation where you don't know your net volume, I'd suggest you just make your best guess.  If you are off by 10% or so on your net volume it isn't going to make a huge difference in how much port area you need anyway. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

Sorry I'm slow to respond.  

My calculator really is intended for when you know what your net volume is going to be.  If you are in a situation where you don't know your net volume, I'd suggest you just make your best guess.  If you are off by 10% or so on your net volume it isn't going to make a huge difference in how much port area you need anyway. 

Is there a way to change the frequency on the calculator? It won't let me. I'm looking at around 70hertz 5.5 3ft. 4k watts

23 hours ago, Obscenelegacy said:

Is there a way to change the frequency on the calculator? It won't let me. I'm looking at around 70hertz 5.5 3ft. 4k watts

Yes you should be able set the frequency to what you want.

What are you running at 70 Hz?

1 hour ago, CrackFactory said:

The frequency has 'read only' locked for a couple weeks now. Is it possible to unlock it? @Triticum Agricolam

That should be fixed now. 

Weird stuff like this seems to happen to the spreadsheet from time to time.  If you have any issues like this again just message me on here and I'll take care of it.  I really wish I could find someone willing to host the calculator as a web form, it would eliminate all these little issues.  Until then google spreadsheet will have to do.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 3/25/2019 at 7:52 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

I really wish I could find someone willing to host the calculator as a web form, it would eliminate all these little issues.  Until then google spreadsheet will have to do.  

What exactly would you need? I have a buddy that may be able to help.

• 2 months later...

Archived