Second Skin Audio

10" subs

Looking into getting 3 10" subs as that's all the room I have. I'm looking into Image Dynamics IDQ10 V.4 D2 because I can get them alittle cheaper then there typical $200 a pop and they seem like nice subs.

2nd option are Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D2-10.

Both these subs are 2ohm DVC at 500w RMS.

Amp being used is a Rockford fosgate r1200.1d so the subs will be wired down to 1.3 ohms to get the most out of the amp. 

I can have a box built for 3.0 cubic feet(ported) as that's the only space I have to work with. 12" are not an option because I don't have the room for them. I want rock solid subs that will sound super loud and clear with the info provided.

So what you guys think?

2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Are you only willing to buy subs you can test first?

No sir but im just trying to work with what i have and at the same time i can save money aswell. Dont wanna try these idq10s to then buy 3 fix10 and have the same sound, power. I was hoping that someone here had tried the idq10s or compared it to another sub to be able to say that one isa way louder then the other.

Even if they had, their application may have different results than yours. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with or what makes sense to you. I would build with the idea of being able to upgrade in the future. So, for example, getting subs that can take more power than you're currently running. In the future you can add another amp or upgrade to a more powerful one. Again, just an example. 

Hard to say what would be louder. Variables for days. I've never heard of the drivers your speaking of, ever. But for the cost, in a blind test, having zero idea, I'd put my money on the Fi x's , ... all day, every day. Do you have specs of the image dynamic drivers your talking about? Is there a link to them? 

Not trying to start a pissing match,... but if you have the specs of the drivers in the OP, I'd like to see them. 

3 hours ago, crownvictoria31 said:

No sir but im just trying to work with what i have and at the same time i can save money aswell. Dont wanna try these idq10s to then buy 3 fix10 and have the same sound, power. I was hoping that someone here had tried the idq10s or compared it to another sub to be able to say that one isa way louder then the other.

The IDQ and FI X10 are very different subs, its not as simple as "which one is louder".  

Here is a comparison the frequency response of each sub:

Capture.PNG.45e64ca20bcac62174c6bca2335ae55c.PNG

The green line is the FI X10, the orange line is the IDQ.  Both are three subs in a 3 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz on 1200 watts.  

Above 45 Hz, the IDQ should be louder, below that the X10 should be louder.  

My personal opinion is the X10 is a way better sub.  The IDQ has a really low EPB and isn't well suited for a ported box, it is much more a sealed box sub.  I've never really been impressed with Image Dynamics products in general anyway.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived