Second Skin Audio

10" subs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

specs for idq10

Subwoofer Series

Each subwoofer manufactured is part of a series. This is the name of the subwoofer's series.
IDQ V.4 (Image Dynamics)
Subwoofer Size
Refers to the diameter of the subwoofer, measured in inches.
10"
RMS Power Handling
The RMS power is the amount of power the speaker requires to operate safely and properly. RMS Power Handling refers to the amount of power a speaker can handle on a continuous basis. We recommend powering your speakers or subwoofer with 80%-120% of its recommended RMS rating. The RMS power handling specification is typically rated per speaker unless otherwise noted.
500 watts
Voice Coil(s)
Dual voice coil subs have more wiring flexibility than single voice coils subs; however, single voice coil subwoofers provide easier hookup options for wiring multiple subwoofers in parallel or series. You may also run a dual voice coil (DVC) sub in parallel, series, or combination. A quad voice coil has four voice coils and is equal to two dual voice coil subwoofers as far as wiring goes.
Dual
Impedance (Per Voice Coil)
The load value (in ohms) that the speakers present to the amplifier per voice coil - the amount of resistance to the current flow. This is a key specification as subs wired in parallel or low impedances can create problems with your amplifier and potentially void all warranties. We encourage you to ask our support department prior to purchase if you do not understand which impedance level will suit your application best.
2 ohms
Sensitivity
An efficiency or sensitivity rating tells you how effectively a speaker converts power into sound. The higher the number, the more efficient the speaker and the louder it will play with the same input power. An efficient speaker helps you maximize your available power. Most sensitivity ratings measure the speaker's output with 1 watt of input, 1 meter from the speaker. Some speakers' sensitivity is measured with 2.83 volts of input, instead of 1 watt.

Efficiency (1w/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other speakers or subwoofers to determine which one is "louder".
85 dB
Xmax (millimeters)
Typically measured in millimeters, the Xmax value is the measure of a speaker cone's maximum excursion in one direction while maintaining a linear behavior.
17 mm
Subwoofer Design
This is the design of the subwoofer or the opening of the subwoofer enclosure. Each design has it's own benefits, whether it is a square, circle, or oval.

Round/Circle: This is the typical and common subwoofer design. They have a round cone and are a circle in design.

Square: These woofers are able to achieve a greater cone area in a smaller space. Because of the greater surface area, some square subwoofers will be louder than a round subwoofer of the same size.

Round / Circle
Main Cone Color
This is the color of the speaker's or subwoofer's cone.
Black
Woofer Composition
Lightweight woofer cone materials are essential for efficient operation. Poly cones produce exceptional sound and are sturdy against various changes in temperature. Paper cones are very efficient, and when treated for moisture resistance, will perform at a high level. Poly refers to polypropylene, which is thermoplastic or fibers that are polymers of propylene. IMPP refers to injection molded polypropylene, a commonly used process and material in speakers.
Mica Injected Polypropylene (MIPP)
Woofer Surround
A speakers surround is part of the suspension system. The surround protects the cone and prevents it from being displaced as it flexes out from the basket. It is usually made of a durable material like treated foam or rubber in order to withstand the strenuous job of producing bass frequencies.
Parabolic Roll
Subwoofer Grille
Most subwoofers are able to accommodate a universal grille; however, some subs include a grille and others have a specific, optional grille available for purchase separately. If "yes", then the subwoofer includes a grille. If "optional (sold separately)" the matching grille will need to be purchased in addition to the sub.
No
Re-Cone Kit Available
Some higher end subwoofers have replaceable cone assemblies. In case of a blown woofer, a recone kit allows for a simple replacement, as opposed to purchasing an entire new subwoofer.
No

Recommended Enclosure Specifications

Recommended Enclosure Type
This is the recommended type of enclosure that the subwoofer should be installed into. Some subwoofers are specially designed for particular enclosures.

Sealed: These enclosures completely enclose the air inside the box. These boxes produce a tight bass.

Ported/Vented: These enclosures have a slot of air to escape from the box. The result is a sound that has more "boom".

Bandpass: These are a combination of both sealed and ported enclosures. They can be very efficient, but require tuning for the best response.

Ported / Vented
Sealed
Optimum Sealed Box Volume
This value indicates the ideal sealed box volume that the manufacturer recommends for the subwoofer. The volume is typically displayed in cubic feet.
0.7 cubic feet
Optimum Ported Box Volume
This value indicates the ideal ported box volume that the manufacturer recommends for the subwoofer. The volume is typically displayed in cubic feet.
1.0 cubic feet
Top-Mount Depth
The depth when installed on top of the mounting surface. Measured from the bottom of the speaker's magnet to the bottom of the mounting holes on the rim of the speaker.
5-3/4"
Cutout Diameter
The actual diameter of the hole you will need to cut out if you are creating a new mounting location for this speaker, or if you are mounting a subwoofer in a box.
9-5/8"
Shallow Mount Installation
This means that the subwoofer/speaker is designed to be installed in areas that do not have a lot of space. Shallow mount subwoofers are typically found under a seat or behind the seat in some trucks.

Shallow mount speakers will typically have a mounting depth of 2" or less, while shallow mount subwoofers will typically have a mounting depth of 3" or less.

In the end its up to you bud but noone here is going to tell you the ID subs are better than the FI. On the other hand, many have told you the FI subs are better. Its up to you.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

In the end its up to you bud but noone here is going to tell you the ID subs are better than the FI. On the other hand, many have told you the FI subs are better. Its up to you.

Good point.

I could be wrong....but I have a feeling this dude is going with the ID's no matter what....lol.

Nothing wrong with that though...it's your car/build.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I will be going by the guy that's selling the IDQ10 in a few. I will be installing all 3 and wiring it down to 1.3ohms. I will see how it sounds. If it sounds good to my ear and in my car with my rest of the system, then I might just swing with them. If they don't sound all that great then I will look else where. It don't hurt to test them though. Ive seen a few videos on those FIX10 and they sound loud.

Archived