1 minute ago, strangeduck said:

i dont know a lot about why the spider fails or what happens when it does. i was assuming it clogged up so no fuel would be gettin to the cylinder

The diaphragm on the regulator goes bad and dumps fuel in the intake, the spider goes bad in one of two ways, either the poppet valve that sprays the fuel into the cylinder melts and gets clogged up or the lines leading too them inside the intake become brittle and crack and dump fuel inside the intake.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, they sure are.

If you end up doing it get the upgraded one that has actual injectors on it instead of the poppet valves.

Another option you could go with is converting it to the marine intake manifold off of the mercruiser 4.3

It has a real fuel injection setup instead of those stupid spiders, its pricey to do though but it would give you upgrade potential in the future.

Or you could just ls swap it...........

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

34 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Yep, they sure are.

If you end up doing it get the upgraded one that has actual injectors on it instead of the poppet valves.

Another option you could go with is converting it to the marine intake manifold off of the mercruiser 4.3

It has a real fuel injection setup instead of those stupid spiders, its pricey to do though but it would give you upgrade potential in the future.

Or you could just ls swap it...........

This... all day this. There is a upgraded one out there. If your that deep into it, the DO THAT,.. Thats what cured all my misfire stuff. It ran so damn well. Entire different car, better milage, idled so damn good. Was a completly different car. Again, i dont know, if it is it, but, i heard its common, and after dropping coin, and time on the old, plugs wires, cap rotor shit for a month, this shit cured the fuck outta it,... engine light went off, code (misfire cyl 3) reset and stayed off, and like i said, it ran fucking awesome. 

Welp??? I know your wicked busy redoing yoir flooring,  (come do my kitchen yo, I got ya a bed to rack out on, a dog to keep ya company, and many beers for payment) but, how did this end up Yo? Figure anything out!!?!?  Best of luck kid.... 

I looked for vacuum leaks with some ether and found none. Code is misfire on cyl 5. Looking more and more like spider pack. Won't be able to do Jack till Monday though.

I Used a spark tester on #5 seems fine. Pulled plug, it was barely wet.

Ran my scope into the cylinder. Valves look ok from what I can see.

Hard to get a good angle

Archived