Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 15" Earthquake Subzero's

I'm looking to put 2 15's in a 98 tahoe and i have this design i just wanted to see what people think of it or have any suggestions for things i should do different. i've never done a window before or a square port so any tips would be greatly appreciated! 
Volume is 6 cubes tuned to 33hz

GslUcwd.png

Port area looks low, what are the dimensions of the port?  How much power are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Port area looks low, what are the dimensions of the port?  How much power are you going to be running?

Interior dimensions are 3"x20"x14.5"  leaving 4.5" between it and the rear wall for end correction and one soundstream t1.6000dl claims to do 2500 into 1 ohm 

Yeah, you need more port area.  At least 75 sq in and 100 sq in, or more, would be best.  

Here is a port area calculator to help you determine how much you need in the future: https://goo.gl/STAv4p

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

2 hours ago, bigmacjack said:

holy fuck! thanks man! do you think i should use this http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL Port lenth 1.htm for calculating my port length?  also would 115.5 be too much port area?

115 sq in should be fine as long as the port length is still practical for the space you have available.  

I don't really like most online port length calculators.  If you have the ability to use Torres that would be my suggestion.  

Builds:

17 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Port ratio might need some double checking. Not sure exactly what the ideal ratio would be for ur enclosure, but ur at almost 13:1 ratio. I think i remember its ideal to have it somewhere around 5:1, something like that. Worth lookin into. 

so if i made it 5"x20" would that be a 4:1? 

Archived