Joe f    0

I really need help with a box design for a zv3 15" d1 that I just picked. I have it in a Dodge ram 1500 reg cab. I pulled out the center console and built a box between the seats. The first box I tried was 3ft after disp @34hz using 2-4" ports and running off a sundown sae1200. The sub was facing up and ports coming out the front towards the dash. It sounded OK but would not play Lowe's very well for a 15" sub. So I built another box that is 3.5ft after disp @ 31.5hz using a single 6inch port, same with sub facing up and port forward and it still does not pick up lows like I think it should. Is it the port size? Is it the single cab of my truck? Is it the way the sub and port are arranged???? 

Any help would be great, thanks!!

Joe f    0

1/2 ohm. But ever with the power I have it dosnt get very low. I had.4- sa8s in the same type of box where my console was and it hit lows alot better that this 15 does. 

Joe f    0

When I play a song that has multiple bass tones it kinda tries to hit Lows but it slams on mid tones.

slowfkncar    75
6 minutes ago, Joe f said:

1/2 ohm. But ever with the power I have it dosnt get very low. I had.4- sa8s in the same type of box where my console was and it hit lows alot better that this 15 does. 

Well those 4 8's are very simular in cone area vs a single 15. Also, not sure if your woofer is new but if it is then it will take some time for the soft parts to loosen up. Zv3's & nightshades are fucken stiff from the get go. Takes me about a few weeks to break in my fresh sundown recones and thats off 4500 each lol.

Joe f    0

It is still very stiff, I got it used from a guy that had it on 3500w, I don't know how long he had it but I don't think it was very long. I know it calls for 48" of Port area and with the 6" port I'm running it only has about 28", could that be the issue?

Joe f    0

My box is 38" L x 14" H x 17.5" w = 4.22cubes

Sub disp is .28  and port disp is .26 so total cubes is 3.72 and port is 6" x 15L= 32.5hz. Is that good for the sub and power I'm running? I made the box a little bit bigger since I'm only running the sae1200.

slowfkncar    75

that doesn't look bad at all, more port are would be nice but if you aren't getting port noise then eh whatever. Try playing a few songs that are tuned low and keep a good ear on it. If it starts to play lows better as it heats up then you just gotta let the soft parts loosen up.  Same thing happens to me when i freshly recone zv3s, i peak above port tuning untill it loosens up lol

notorious97200    130

Try to check the settings on your amp, or on your head unit.

Where did you set your SSF ? Maybe it was moved too high ?

Joe f    0

My ssf is set set at 50hz, my bass eq is set at 0db, my x over is at 50hz and gain is at 3/4. On head unit I have the sub set at 60hz and it goes down to 40hz.