Sonic Electronix

If you could only upgrade 1 thing on a factory sound system

Let's say you buy a new vehicle, a cheap one and can only upgrade 1 thing. HU, speakers? add a powered sub perhaps?...what would you upgrade and why?

I think I would go with HU. More features, options to tailor the sound more to my liking and output power would better match the input power of the stock speakers. Then again if I liked the factory HU enough, I'd likely just get a powered sub to add a little bottom end and plus bass is one of the most immediately noticeable things that adds fun to the music even if it's not the tightest bass in the world.

I would add a sub , something small like a 8 or 10 but I need bass .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Probably a sub. Most newer cars have integrated HU's and okay door speaker (emphasis on the ok lol) but the low end is almost always lacking and is usually what causes the stock speakers to give out. 

I saw a guy who had one of the new Nissan Titan XD (Cummins) Platinum Reserve trim. He cranked up the Rockford Fosgate  system that came with the truck and it was quite nice actually.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived