Sonic Electronix

Engine whine only when Radio is in Dash

I have a 2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback. I am running a Pioneer 80prs Head Unit.I am running 2 Crescendo C2 amps 4 Crescendo BC5500 amps and 1 Crescendo S800.4. I get a really bad whine only if the radio is in the dash. If i have it playing and i pull the radio out it goes away. Soon as i slide it back in it comes back. I even tried insulating the radio w rubber and foil tape. I've checked and did every trick in the book. Ive even used different Head Units different rca cables different power and grounds to the Head Unit etc...

Seems like maybe some wires are getting jammed up when u put the HU in its location, then when u pull the HU back out it gets unjammed and plays fine. That would be the only thing that makes sense to me. Something is causing a bad connection when u slide it back into the slot.

Is there any metal parts of the dash area contacting the headunit at all? Maybe a mounting bracket/screw or something. Maybe theres some kinna current or signal or whatever u call it being fed into ur headunit from that metal contact. Just throwin some random ideas out there for u, hope u find the issue bro, sounds irratating lol. 

Archived