Group 31 AGM for $50?

If I can lay my hands on a Duralast group 31 AGM for $50 is this a good type of AGM to use for an interior battery. I have 2 lead acid group 75's under the hood and I'm looking to add a dedicated audio battery in the rear cheaply. The ad says it's new but IDK about that... the case has scratches and the sticker is missing... so maybe it is reconditioned?.. IDK.. can you recondition an AGM?.. anyways what tests do you recommend to check it is a good one? I looked online and could not find the Ah for this battery... does anyone know offhand what it is?.. Is this a good deal?.. or am I cheeping out too much? It's similar to this.

jlGxNP.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Sounds too good to be true for $50. Or it's dead.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Well... I picked it up, and it's a monster!.. 68 lbs. They had 9 from choose from... They load tested it in front of me with an analog meter and it was +11 V after 30 seconds under load then returned to 12.5V instantly... Resting voltage was 12.5 V ... fpRxTFS.jpgLH8isE6.jpgypiy6yN.jpgThat's good right? I had no core so I played that game of "This is all I got on me"... so it was $62 OTD /w/ 30 day exchange... that's cool, I live 5 miles away...

They kept saying "New"... but I think it was reconditioned... This Group 31 will supply how many Ah if it works normally?.. I hope it lasts... Jeez.. they got 8 more for the same price!

g31 should be around 110ah I think. You should get two more just because you can. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

It is in... I wired the amps down to 1 ohm strapped just to see if the current was the reason the amps were protecting at 1 ohm... I'll go back to 4 ohm strapped after I have the chance to meter it...then 2 ohm strapped next year... HUGE difference with the battery in the back and the power is there now to spare... thanks for the advice I couldn't be happier... It's a budget build... I just turn it up slowly till the end of the video... it gets a little rowdy now... That AGM made a REAL difference!

yWty1hY.jpg62DlIrc.jpg

Awesome

Get some of these instead of those cheap ass battery terminals that could allow the wire to slip out and short on something.

All you need to do is crimp some lugs on the ends of the wire and your good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Pico-0810PT-Military-Terminal-Positive/dp/B001QRTZR0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499560429&sr=8-4&keywords=military+battery+terminal

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Ok

6 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Awesome

Get some of these instead of those cheap ass battery terminals that could allow the wire to slip out and short on something.

All you need to do is crimp some lugs on the ends of the wire and your good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Pico-0810PT-Military-Terminal-Positive/dp/B001QRTZR0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499560429&sr=8-4&keywords=military+battery+terminal

OK... my hand strength IS a little low after my stroke... buss/bars maybe?... when I get a second group 31 AGM next year I'll do it...

Archived