Second Skin Audio

I need a little help I have a 92 suburban no 3rd seat so I have plenty of room I have a very cheap setup I have a kenwood head unit which puts out 2 volts to the rca outputs I have basically stock after market midst and highs and I have 2 pioneer tsw3003d4 subs wired at 1ohm in a ported box which measures 36 1/8 Wide by 16 1/8 deep by 14 3/8 tall it has a divider in the middle and a slot port on each side the subs hit pretty hard on certain songs but everything else the sound is just shitty I get alot of cone noise or so I think anyway I have a hifonics bre1600.1d that's rated at 1600rms at 1ohm I have a stock alternator which is 105 amp and I also have a kicker kx700.5 drawing off the system for the mids and highs but any help with a box design or ideas to make it a little better would be awsome I've really been thinking about a bandpass style box but this is my first system build and I'm not much of a Carpenter oh and from what I can tell from YouTube it seems like 40-60hz are the strongest bass ranges 

What are the max dimensions you have to work with? Also....stock after market and cone noise? I would try building a standard ported box and see how you like it. Also, I would upgrade your electrical if you can. Maybe an after market bat and/or alt. Big 3. 

I meant like next up from factory and I have tons of room to work with its a suburban without the 3rd row seat so size isn't an issue and aftermarket alternator is not in the budget at the moment I have all the wire first the big 3 will be done soon but I don't really get too bad of a draw my headlights barley dim although my volt gauge hangs right above 9 volts when I'm listening to a bass heavy song 

Did you just say 9 volts? Bro, you need to stop using your system before you break something in your car. Saying you have tons of room doesn't tell us how much room you have to work with. We need dimensions. Width, Depth, Height. 

No meter should ever read 9V in a car. The stock alt is gonna be working rediculously hard to keep up and basic functions like fuel pump, ignition, ECU, etc wont function properly. If everything is working, it wont for long. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Yes the factory voltmeter drops to just above 9volt line  which is probably more like 11-12 volts and I have 47in wide 47in long and 40in high to work with

Maby your right but I would meter it to make sure. I follow ShadeTree's advice and turn it down at 12.8. Looks like you got plenty of room to build a sound enclosure thoe 

Archived