Sonic Electronix

How Loud Will I Be? 6x DD 12"s

Hey guys I just recently bought,

x6 DD 200 Series 12"s - 300 RMS ea

x1 DD DM2500 Class D Monoblock - 2500w @ 1 ohm

x1 Odyssey Battery (Not sure what size but the shop picked it out and recommended it for my build)

and a Half wall box in the back of my 05 Crew Cab Tacoma, Tuned to 32 hz, All Stock electrical except for the extra battery they are putting in.

The subs will be wired to 1.3 ohm on that DM2500 amp so I was wondering if yall knew how much power I would actually be pulling since its not wired to 1 ohm or 2 ohm, more of an in between.

So the amp is 2500w @ 1 ohm but ill have the subs wired to it at 1.3 ohm so Idk how much power they will be actually getting, does anyone out there know?

Also my main question is how loud do you think it will be? I know that's a hard question to answer but I'm just wondering if its gonna be money well spent.

I have a week to wait before everything gets delivered and put in my truck so if you could imagine i'm super fucking antsy and curious as to how its going to sound. My last system was 2 kicker comp 15''s so i'm hoping this new build is not only louder but just fucking shits on my last system I had.

The impedance constantly changes so how much power they will be getting is also a hard question to answer. Idk what amp you had on your comp 15s but you will have quite an increase in cone area. So I think it would be safe to assume (ass-u-me) that this setup will be louder. 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

9 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

The impedance constantly changes so how much power they will be getting is also a hard question to answer. Idk what amp you had on your comp 15s but you will have quite an increase in cone area. So I think it would be safe to assume (ass-u-me) that this setup will be louder. 

I didnt even think about the impedancechanging, i hope i dont over load my subs

And on my old system it was a boss 1200w phantom 2 channel

I would put more power to those, DD always underrated subs and what's the ohms of the subs

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

11 hours ago, Dj Drake said:

Hey guys I just recently bought,

x6 DD 200 Series 12"s - 300 RMS ea

x1 DD DM2500 Class D Monoblock - 2500w @ 1 ohm

x1 Odyssey Battery (Not sure what size but the shop picked it out and recommended it for my build)

and a Half wall box in the back of my 05 Crew Cab Tacoma, Tuned to 32 hz, All Stock electrical except for the extra battery they are putting in.

The subs will be wired to 1.3 ohm on that DM2500 amp so I was wondering if yall knew how much power I would actually be pulling since its not wired to 1 ohm or 2 ohm, more of an in between.

So the amp is 2500w @ 1 ohm but ill have the subs wired to it at 1.3 ohm so Idk how much power they will be actually getting, does anyone out there know?

Also my main question is how loud do you think it will be? I know that's a hard question to answer but I'm just wondering if its gonna be money well spent.

I have a week to wait before everything gets delivered and put in my truck so if you could imagine i'm super fucking antsy and curious as to how its going to sound. My last system was 2 kicker comp 15''s so i'm hoping this new build is not only louder but just fucking shits on my last system I had.

Where to start. Ok so one thing at a time.  

First, the most important thing is, running on stock electrical is asking for problems.  Before any audio goes into your car, you should maximize the return path to your alt. So do the big 3 yesterday. An amp can be rated for whatever but it cant put out rated unless it gets the voltage and current it needs.  On music, to put out 2500W its going to need between 100 and 120A all to it's self to run at full potential about double that if you're burping for numbers. So to do rated you probably need a new alt. That extra battery is only going to help so much.

In an ideal environment that amp will do roughly 1800w at 1.3 but as mentioned already, impedance is nominal.

How loud will you be? Thats alot of cone so it should move some air.

How much usable volume is your "half wall box" going to have? On the low side those subs want about 10.5 cubes.

I would update your electrical get another DD amp run them both at .6 to 3 subs each . And if those subs can't handle it good time to update subs with some sundown SA's or DD 3500's or bigger

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

18 minutes ago, rockFord_Expedition said:

Where to start. Ok so one thing at a time.  

First, the most important thing is, running on stock electrical is asking for problems.  Before any audio goes into your car, you should maximize the return path to your alt. So do the big 3 yesterday. An amp can be rated for whatever but it cant put out rated unless it gets the voltage and current it needs.  On music, to put out 2500W its going to need between 100 and 120A all to it's self to run at full potential about double that if you're burping for numbers. So to do rated you probably need a new alt. That extra battery is only going to help so much.

In an ideal environment that amp will do roughly 1800w at 1.3 but as mentioned already, impedance is nominal.

How loud will you be? Thats alot of cone so it should move some air.

How much usable volume is your "half wall box" going to have? On the low side those subs want about 10.5 cubes.

Thanks for the info, and i really have no idea how much air space its going to have. He looked at my truck and just wrote the dimensions

13 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I would update your electrical get another DD amp run them both at .6 to 3 subs each . And if those subs can't handle it good time to update subs with some sundown SA's or DD 3500's or bigger

As of right now i just bought these digital designs ill run em for a while but upgrading is always in the picture

Archived