Hi guys, its been a while since Ive posted anything at all on this forum. I've been around lurking a few time hear and there and never lost interest in the hobby, but life happens and you don't always have time or money for the things you love. Well that's why I am back, technically we're back, this is going to be the build log of my hetero life mates 2016 ford focus st3. We've bullsh!ted about doing a build here and there, but now things are finally underway.

Let us start by saying the "stock" radio isn't exactly horrible, its done him well so far but we both knew from the beginning it was never going to be enough. So after a few sessions talking about what we could do, what he wants out of it, and what would be best for his music tastes, we decided on somewhat of a SQL system. Then more talking and researching this is where we are currently at...

1. The power-plant..
  • 4/0 Big 3 Upgrade(because why not)
  • Kinetik HC2000-PRO under the hood
  • US Alternator high output alt

2. In the middle

• Crescendo S800.4
  • 2x Crescendo Mezzo SQ2 comp sets
  • Rockford fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 12 awg knukoncepetz speaker wire
  • 50ft each of knukonceptz OFC 1/0 awg Red/Black
  • 60+ sqft damplifier pro
  • 50+ sgft luxury liner pro

3. In the back

• Crescendo 5.5K
  • FI Audio BTL Neo 15"
  • 8 awg "speaker" wire

Now I know ill probably catch people asking why the 5.5k when we could easily get by with something smaller, but that's what we settled on, and running at 2 ohms should work out great. Besides that we know we have a lot work ahead of us, but we've already started. I've played with a few ideas on different enclosures, and have a general idea of how we are going to fit the system in under the factory rear gate cover. Stock there is about 40in wide and about 15" high and about 23" deep of room. But if we build our own false floor to replace the factory one and remove the FULL size spare, we can easily free up another 5-7in of height. So that's what we are doing. Then plan currently is to build up and modest false floor and then house the 3sixty the factory amp and the 800.4 under neath it, with an extended USB port for the 3sixty inconspicuously located somewhere easily accessible once everything is installed, and possibly a fan or 2 to help keep everything cool under there. Well run 2 sets of power to the back under the car, possibly a ground or 2 as well seeing how thin all the sheet metal is back there. A distrobution block will be required in the back as well to feed power to the amps. the 3sixty will probably steal power from the factory radio, but maybe not. The doors will get the full treatment, hopefully we can form some sheet metal in all the dead air between the door frames(there will be pics a plenty). My having access to a full welding shop comes in handy there. We already got a decent amount of damplifier in the roof, but there really wasnt any room for the luxury liner and i dont think it would be crucial if it was left out so we did. Plus just getting the headliner out and back in again was enough of a headache. Currently the carpet and the seats are out and we're ready to start putting the damplifier on the floor and pillars and rear quarter panels. I'm sure Ill have more to add as the week goes on, but most of the progress that I'm helping with will be on the weekends, as we work opposite hours.

(Note: Not everything as been purchased yet, some not for the lack of trying *cough*crescendo amps*cough*)

TL;DR: Cool build incoming, Stay Tuned!

I meant to post pictures last night, but i didnt realize how late it was and went to bed instead. But now for a small pic dump...

This is the current prospect of the enclosure...

fredo box ver.3.png

It will be finished with some kind of bedliner, were up to suggestions on that, probably raptor liner or possibly monstaliner. I would like to line the interior in a white liner but that may be excessive and might just end up spraying it white instead.. 3/4 acrylic window, will probably and some bracing dowels.5964102c053b7_fredoboxver.3sketch.thumb.png.73201a10a6ca3e63c73ca0d981b816a0.png

Now for the car..
20170706_171811.jpg

20170706_180033.jpg

20170709_152518.jpg

20170709_152511.jpg

20170709_152505.jpg

20170709_152527.jpg

all these freaking wires in the headliner. man that was obnoxious, look like someone just poured glue all over everything to hold it down... we held them up in place with damplifier/tape shouldnt go anywhere.

20170709_190346.jpg

20170709_190403.jpg

and now for the little progress that we made with the roof, little bit of damplifier, huge improvement for how little it seems we put up there. there really wasnt any room to fit more with the sunroof and headliner formed so tightly to everything...

20170709_190503_1.jpg

20170709_190434.jpg

well have more pics soon, made a little bit of progress today, didnt get much time to work on it..

...oh and have i mentioned that we're trying to time lapse the as much of the build as we can. so when we get done there should be a cool video to go with it...

Oh fuck yea, doing it right, not only are you sound deadening before adding stereo (the only way to go) but you are using Second Skin and I see some Rockford gear in there too.  I'm tuned in......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived