Sleep number beds? Any experience/reviews

How does the Purple mattress do in terms of keeping you cool?  My wife and I have a Costco memory foam mattress now and we like it other than you get really hot, especially this time of year.  I know the Purple mattresses are supposed to be better in that regard, I'm curious if you notice anything.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I'm curious to that too

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Haha I did miss something. Thanks Triticum.

Since I was a little child I have always slept with my feet out of the sheets/comforter. Within 3 to 5 mins my feet would be sweating for as far back as I can remember. My wife has always hated this because every time she would tuck the sheets I would rip them out . Anyways the very 1st night I slept with my feet under the covers. Weird gauge but it is something I have not been able to do in years. Every time I lay in the bed I feel a coolness from the matress. Also we have stopped getting up in the middle of the night to turn the AC down. There is definitely a major difference between our last matress and this one.

Now according to Purple you have to have their sheets to get the full cooling effect but with the backorder we just have some old cotton sheets on the bed . Will their sheets make a difference? Im not sure but I will let you know when I get them.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

49 minutes ago, baron_of_bass said:

I bought a purple a few months ago, and I like it a lot 

Nice. Feel free to chime in if you want bud. I'm sure the guys would love to hear your experience as well. Is it generally in the ballpark of mine or something different?

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so the matress protectors came in. Nothing fancy. They just seemed like run of the mill protectors. My wife put them on and we noticed a sound when gettin in/out and moving around in the bed. The protector sounds plastic-y under the sheets. Not grocery bag plastic but it has a sound to it nonetheless. After a few days I have adjusted to it and don't notice it anymore. The other day I was working nights and came home to my son in the bed with the wife. Well he had an accident which is always lovely. Woke everybody up and took everything off the bed. Nothing at all made it through the protector. So that was a huge plus. It seems a little personal to share that haha but I think it paints the picture. The protector works.

Still haven't got any word on the sheets. Patiently waiting.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived