Sonic Electronix

So my doors are damped inside and sealed and damped again. Front and back.

How important is it to do the roof. I'm guessing I maybe should with a sub on a 4.5 k amp? Also my vent will be facing upwards. 

And I kind of ran out of dampener in the back cabin of my truck. So I got the back wall covered. By the back pillars I just have square chunks here and there and same with the floor just to get rid of the hollow sound. I think I read somewhere every surface doesn't have to be covered to work properly. U can put sheets here and there. Just wondering if there's any truth to that. 

Usually need about 1/4 coverage per panel, for roofs I usually find the middle between bracing points and smack a sheet or half a sheet there . if it's a massive panel (entire side to side of the vehicle with no real bracing or bends)  cut a sheet into 1/3rds do one middle and one on each side. That's how I've always done it atleast

Therea truth to it, at a certain point you're nust wasting money because adding more will not gain you any benefit.

Testing will be able to tell you what the point is for you 

You may want to consider bracing the roof as well.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The testing behind vibration layer control says that 60% coverage will yield 95% effectiveness. On general daily drivers with no bass and no big engine some people drop down to 40% or less coverage. But for vehicles with bass and added engine power you should stay up in the 60% coverage range. The problem with scaling back and choosing where to apply product and where to skip product is that it is an educated guessing game. You would want to start off by getting product on the large unsupported  metal pieces. Then for the ceiling you would want to reinforce the spot welds of the roof, where the roof meats the braces with product on both the roof and the brace connecting. With the hassle it takes to remove a headliner, I would always recommend putting in enough products the first time, once, to avoid future removal of the headliner, wasting more time and money. Let us know if you have any questions for your build. Here's a link to 2 sweet roof redo's BEAST or LoneWolf both used Mega Zorbe as their second layer for air borne noise. 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Awesome thanks so much for the replies. I used 38 square feet of second skin pro on my doors and 38 square feet.of dynamat max because it was half off on Black Friday. When's the next big sale of second skin?  Would really like another 38 square feet of the price was right. I'm in Canada so shipping's a bitch

You just missed a 20% off sale.

Next one will probably be labor day.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

7 hours ago, JungleSlut said:

Awesome thanks so much for the replies. I used 38 square feet of second skin pro on my doors and 38 square feet.of dynamat max because it was half off on Black Friday. When's the next big sale of second skin?  Would really like another 38 square feet of the price was right. I'm in Canada so shipping's a bitch

If ur ordering multiple large products, i strongly suggest u call them and place ur order over the phone and see what they can work out on shipping. They help me ALOT with my order, i live in hawaii so it was rediculous for shipping when just using the site. So i talked to them directly and they were awesome about it and really helped me out. Granted i ordered about $1,000 worth of product. When u have multiple products, they can condense things into less boxes, saving on shipping.  Not sure how much they can help if ur jist ordering one box of a single product. Wont hurt to ask tho.

Archived