Active Setup w/ Neo Pro 6.5s - Tweeter Suggestions ??

SixTwoRado

Been on a shopping spree lately for my new sundown build haha.   Truck is a 2011 Silverado Crew cab 6.2  I have a lot of experience with passive components in the past Ive been very pleased with a few sets of Hertz and focal k2s in my last truck.  But Ive always wanted louder haha.  New truck is getting 4 sundown E8s on a SCV2000D and two pairs of Sundown SA-6.5CS components on a SAX-125.4.  Ive been a big sundown fan for a while now haha.  I think I still have some money in the budget sooooo....

Im pretty tempted to order up some q logic kick panels and I want to add some mid bass speakers and tweeters to the front.  Either in the doors or kicks.  I really want to try my first active setup with success.  My 3rd amp will be some high powered 4 channel hopefully not too big.  The sundown 200.4 looks awesome but extra pricey.  Maybe ill go with the skar skv200.4.  Not sure yet.

So heres what Im getting at.  What would be a good set of tweeters to pair with Neo Pro 6.5s on an active setup? Im tempted to try some super tweeters because I honestly enjoy ear bleeding mids and highs haha, but I still want sound quality.  Suggestions??  Any 6.5 midbass and tweeter that can work together well active? Open to suggestions

Still nobody?  Been trying to get some good advice with no luck.  Tried a few times today and couldnt get a hold of Sundown.  Major bummer, cause I want to get this stuff ordered.  Nobody can reccommend what tweeter would go well with the Neo Pro 6.5 and a 4 channel amplifier ran active??? Sundown SA tweeters? Or super tweeters??

Those mids would drown out the sa tweets. Those tweets actually have some decent sound quality but they are too forgiving and not loud enough to be paired with high efficiency mid drivers, atleast imo.  Find someone/somewhere that can demo you some pro audio products then come to a conclusion for yourself.

9 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

Those mids would drown out the sa tweets. Those tweets actually have some decent sound quality but they are too forgiving and not loud enough to be paired with high efficiency mid drivers, atleast imo.  Find someone/somewhere that can demo you some pro audio products then come to a conclusion for yourself.

Thanks for the info man!  I've heard a few sets but its been a while, and not these neo pros.  Im thinking I may have to go with a super tweeter as well to keep up, but not sure how I feel about that haha.  Hertz has some really nice bullet super tweeters I was looking at.  Seems like everyone just runs the crescendo ones though.  Also, Digital Designs has a pair I like but not sure how to get those haha. 

8 minutes ago, SixTwoRado said:

Thanks for the info man!  I've heard a few sets but its been a while, and not these neo pros.  Im thinking I may have to go with a super tweeter as well to keep up, but not sure how I feel about that haha.  Hertz has some really nice bullet super tweeters I was looking at.  Seems like everyone just runs the crescendo ones though.  Also, Digital Designs has a pair I like but not sure how to get those haha. 

It's really about what you like. Pro-audio products is a great way to get loud off of low power and if you don't mind the type of sound they put out then i don't see much of a problem. Personally, i cant stand it but i own several high end headphones so im a bit of an sq-holic when it comes to music.

I've been lurking but don't have a great answer for you.  pro audio can tend to get loud but you need ways to tune it more than no pro audio gear.  The SA tweets sound good but I agree with what he said above and they might not be quite enough when running them with what you're thinking.  The super tweets are harsh and IMO should really only be run in loud SPL setups just trying to have some highs keep up with the bass DB's, again this is just my opinion, or at least tune them appropriately and don't give them tons of power, certain placement, etc.  I haven't run all the brands and models you have listed, i am just speaking in generalities for the most part.  I think you run some great gear tho, that's for sure.  If you ran hertz and Focal in your last truck and you want louder either more power if you can give it and they can take it, or add more of the same speakers, OR go pro audio, but otherwise sounds like you ran some nice speakers.....   Sundown amps and speakers is always a good choice IMO also if you're still planning on that

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I agree with the Sundown tweeters being drowned out by the NeoPros.

I thought Sundown was coming out with a super tweeter of their own, but I dont think it will be available for a while yet.
Maybe if you went multiple pairs of the Sundown tweeters you would be alright, but that will add up quick price wise.

Otherwise I would suggest something like the following:

American Bass SQ-05T http://www.americanbassusa.com/Speakers/Tweeters/SQ-05T.html

Crescendo Audio FT-1 (pretty sure they come in a couple colors) http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-black-series/

McLaren Audio MLT-5 or MLT-8 https://showtimeelectronics.com/shop/mclaren-sound-mlt-8-4-700-watt-8-ohm-109db-car-audio-pro-bullet-tweeter-mltw-08/

Rockford Fosgate PP4-NT Neo (they also have an older style but a larger diameter tweeter) http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pp4-nt

Alphard Audio Hannibal HLG-25NEO  http://alphard.audio/us/speakers/hannibal-hlg-25neo

I used to work for a high end loud speaker company, when we tested or wanted to find a driver for a particular project we bought a wide variety of speakers to test sound q and as well stress test with parameters, when building my car I did the same thing with the pro drivers I put in my car. I bought 6 different style pro tweeters and a few regular tweeters that had high efficiency. This Is what I came up with.

The cadence xt-60, There are many other tweeters that are using this same type but its my overall favorite sounding pro tweeter that wont rip your head off, You can actually get really good sq from it with some minor eq tweeks. I saw this tweeter swept on our LMS speaker tester and it was actually surprisingly good. thats my thought, I would also use the the cap that comes with that style tweeter even if you are going active just for the added protection, its usually a 3.3 poly cap.  If you wanted to get tweeky you could order a solen of the same value but in a higher voltage handling cap. food for thought.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Any reason you dont want to run an array of silk dome tweets to get away from the PA stuff?  

I have 2 pair of silk domes and I love em.  Im running an active setup.  The tweet amp is turned down well below distortion and the head unit tweeter gain is turned down to -3.  Even then, they are nice and clear but still forgiving.

Just an idea.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived