2011 Silverado Crew Cab 6.2L Sundown, XS Power, Mechman Build

Whats up guys! Time to start this build here in a few weeks.  Been in the shopping spree stage the last few weeks haha.  I sold my old truck a few months ago.  I put a lot of work in to that truck, but the one thing I miss the most was my system.  Wasn't anything super crazy by SMD standards but I bumped it max volume almost every day for 3+ years.  Heres my old truck and system if you want to check it out on youtube 2006 Nissan Frontier System - Sundown SA-12, Focal Polyglass, XS Power

Alright on to the build... the new truck I picked up is a 2011 6.2L Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab.  Awesome truck with only 38,000 miles.  All leather interior, etc.  I searched and searched for it and bought it specifically for the L92 6.2L engine.  This truck is in the process of being built in to a daily driven/ luxury prerunner for the desert.  Already have and paid for a lot of parts but its sitting pretty stock right now.  Have a K&N cold air intake and custom black bear auto cal tune on it already.  This truck is fast!! Getting full custom long travel, rear bed cage, all king shocks, bumpstops and bypasses, full floater rear end, 37s, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, etc. etc.  So this is more an offroad truck for desert runs than an audio car, but its a daily driver too and Im an addicted basshead and super amateur installer haha.  So I guess its worth the added weight, which will be quite a bit from this. Done a quite a few cars for different people.  But nothing super crazy like some of you guys.  I know a fair amount though and own a CC-1 and DD-1.  Pics of the truck below with some of the parts I already have. 

On to the real stuff....  First week I got the truck I put a basic 5 channel amp and some hertz coaxials and a little sealed 8" haha.  That was just a temporary system.  Definitely over it already haha.  I need some real tunes.  Ive also already installed a Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX along with a idatalink maestro rr.  Awesome setup!

Heres what I've already ordered...  Im actually gone at work for another week so some of this stuff is sitting at home already but heres what I already got

• Self excting (Non PCM Controlled) Mechman 250amp elite alternator + a new gates serpentine belt.  Had to go with the elite because this truck sees 6k rpm all the time with the way I drive and the way I will be driving in the desert haha. 
  • XS Power S3400 for the engine bay with a heat wrap + a D680 that Ill hopefully be able to fit behind the rear seat with the amps
  • Toolmaker 5 lug terminals
  • Sundown SCV-2000D  
  • 4 x Sundown E8s V5 D2 will be wire down to 1 ohm.  In a ported box under the rear seat, forward facing, around 2.4 cubes is all I'll get.  Hopefully tuned around 34hz or so.  Open to suggestions or opinions
  • Sundown SAX-125.4
  • 2 X Sundown SA-65CSv2 components.  Unfortunately I already paid for these, but didnt realize they have been backordered for a long time now.  Hopefully they show up in the next week or two so I can actually start my build while Im home from work for a few weeks. 
  • Also ordered up a new hydraulic rivet nut screw tool deal.  Its a heavy duty rivet gun that installs those carbon steel rivets you can screw in to.  Plan on using those in the doors for sealing them up with either sheet metal or some sort of plastic.  Not sure yet.  Suggestions?? Also will use this for my amp rack behind the seats.  Hopefully.  

Thats about it for a now.   Have a lot of little stuff to order up still.  Need to decide on fuse holders to go with and especially which 1/0 wire Im going to be using and speaker wire.  Considering XS power, Mechman, or knukonceptz.  ALL OFC wire.  Im leaning towards using the mechman wire for the alternator and engine ground and positive.  And using the knu for everything audio related.  Also need to order up everything for at least some door sound deadening and possibly a little on the roof and floor and rear cab. Going with second skin most likely.  

Strongly considering adding a 3rd amp and trying out my first passive setup and add q logic kick panels in the front.   Thinking about adding some neo pro 6.5s, but not sure what tweeters to go with and not sure which 4 channel amp.  I need a high powered 150.4 or 200.4 probably but one that has a smaller footprint???? Im looking to finally reach the ear bleeding mids and highs Ive always wanted haha.  I still care about sound quality, but Im no real SQ audiophile guy haha.  I know how to properly set up decks and amps and crossovers though.  Should I go with a super tweeter here???  Any tweeter recommendations to go with the neo pro 6.5s? Stay tuned guys...  Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through my rambling haha. 

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4565.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd stay away from knu koncepts. Bought 0 awg ofc power wire to have matching colours. That wire has split in 2 places right down to the copper.on me. Not impressed. The rubber casing doesn't like bends or heat..cheap garbage.

Daily driver

• Crescendo Audio Encore 4.5k
  • Fi SP4v2 18" ( 5.5 cube vented tuned 27hz)
  • Hertz Millie mid-range, tweets, xovers
  • Hertz SPL Show 10" mid-bass ( 1 cube sealed box)
  • Hertz hdcp 4 channel amp
  • 370 amp mechman hairpin
  • 2x d3400 XS Power batteries
  • 2/0 gauge 100% ofc welding/ground cable (big 3 done)
  • 40 ft.2 second skin pro/ 40 ft.2 dynamat extreme ( doors sealed)

Wow, I run Knu and love it.  Sorry you had bad experience.

OP, fuck yes, I been wanting to upgrade my Hoe to a 6.2 newer Gm product too.  Love what you got planned.  I'm tuned in......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I ran an E 12 in the past and was quite impressed and I am currently running the SD components and love them....I can only assume the SA's are even better. Nice setup!

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

1 hour ago, Karkov said:

Wow, I run Knu and love it.  Sorry you had bad experience.

Yeahi  guess it's different for everyone. I switched.to 2/0 welding cable. Love it.

Daily driver

.oP like the whip. I have a 6'2 myself. Corsa headers exhaust. Volant cold air. Super chips   ecu tuner programed to racing on 94 octane. Alot of diesels do not like my.truck ?

Daily driver

11 hours ago, JungleSlut said:

I'd stay away from knu koncepts. Bought 0 awg ofc power wire to have matching colours. That wire has split in 2 places right down to the copper.on me. Not impressed. The rubber casing doesn't like bends or heat..cheap garbage.

Dang thats a bummer.  I actually ran all KNU in my old truck a while back, their good OFC stuff.  I think Im leaning towards the mechman wire at the moment.  Not sure about fuse holders, which to go with.  I need one for alternator, one out battery, and one for each amp. 

5 hours ago, JungleSlut said:

.oP like the whip. I have a 6'2 myself. Corsa headers exhaust. Volant cold air. Super chips   ecu tuner programed to racing on 94 octane. Alot of diesels do not like my.truck 1f605.png

Nice!  I have a custom cat back right now with a nice stainless borla muffler.  Sounds awesome.  Planning to order up the full American Racing Headers soon too.  Then once I regear the truck and have that done Ill let Justin at black bear re tune it again :)

Well Ive spent all day practically researching amps and speakers and kick panels and tweeters.  Haha.  Im thinking about going with the Skar SKV200.4 because it has the 1x and 10x buttons for running active crossovers and lots of power.  THen Ill go with 6.5 neo pros most likely.  

Still have no clue what tweeters to go with? Im not sure If I want to go super tweeter or not.  I feel like the neo pro might need a super tweeter to compete with it.  I dont know enough.  Considering the silk dome sundown SA tweeters, basically the same as in my components.  Or Im considering those hertz bullet tweeter or I saw some digital designs bullet tweeters I really liked but cant find them online anywhere.  Suggestions?

Another thing to consider is I have to mount all this stuff behind my crew cab seat and I also have a power sliding rear wind which makes it a pain. The pulley for it is mostly contained on the passenger side though I believe.

Also need to order up some second skin. Stay tuned.  Help me decide on active midbass and tweeters! haha

• 1 month later...

Well you guys, I have been super busy so haven't been able to post at all.  I worked my butt off on my build for 8 days straight and then finished it one day before going back to work.  I have a lot of pics and things to share, some questions too.  Will post more when I get the chance.  Here is a teaser pic for now :)

untitled-5-2.jpg

Archived