2011 Silverado Crew Cab 6.2L Sundown, XS Power, Mechman Build

4 hours ago, Hellbilly429 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Sundown subs and have had 2 myself. The DC level 4 subs are rated at 1400 watts and require less airspace than most subs in their size and power range. I've got a level 4 15 from previous build that I loved so much I went and bought a level 4 12 for my new build, lol.

The SD-8 I'm running in NY girlfriend's car takes very little space and sounds decent though, just not probably enough for what you looking for.

Hmmmm.  I could consider one of those.  What sort of sub would those closely compare to in the sundown line up.  Looks like I could definitely make room for one level 4 10" or maybe a even a 12" isnt asking for too much room ported.  How would one of those level 4s handle the SCV2000 properly tuned?  I maybe be able to fit one if we built a tetris like shaped box Like I was talking about. 

I was considering running two of the SD-10s sealed and downfiring at one point.  Would be clean and out of the way, but Id probably just end up wanting more.  Ive got 2,000 watts to work with too lol.  Kind of way too much for the SD series I think.  And my electrical setup can push everything no problem.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best part about DC is if you want to ensure the sub can handle that much power, you can have it built with xl soft parts. It would handle it with proper box, tuning, filters, etc, but it's best to play it safe sometimes. I ran my old one on my fosgate amp which is rated at over 1800 watts just fine. If you have any questions on the subs, hit up Sky High Car Audio and they will hook you up. Jon Rabe from Sky High and Rusty from DC are 2 of the best dudes I've ever done business with.

I would compare the level 4 to the U series spec-wise. Little less xmax, but higher sensitivity. I've never heard an U series sub in person, so I cannot give you too much info on it. I can say that the SQ is on par with the SA series as I had run an SA-12 for quite a while. Lot more power than the SA though.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived