Second Skin Audio

How much interior box volume?

zagfuchs

I am working on a new design for a build and I am in need of some math assistance. I have attached a picture of my design with measurements, I need to find out how much space is inside the box, it will be built with 3/4" MDF. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

hammy box 1.jpg

SketchUp can tell you that.  If you make your box into a group it will show you its volume in cubic inches under "Entity Info".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

SketchUp can tell you that.  If you make your box into a group it will show you its volume in cubic inches under "Entity Info".

Good to know. Will it do it if there are internal structures like bracing? Or does it start to run into issues? 

6 hours ago, DLHgn said:

Good to know. Will it do it if there are internal structures like bracing? Or does it start to run into issues? 

Whatever object you are trying to find the volume of needs to be really basic or it won't work.  What the OP posted should work fine.  What I usually do is trace the inside profile of the enclosure, use the push/pull tool the make that outline the proper depth and then make that object into a group.  That usually works fine.  If you can't get it to work you might want to practice with some really simple objects first.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived