Second Skin Audio

4th order help 2 12" crescendo contralto

I'm trying to design a 4th order for my Dodge charger, but I'm not familiar with bassbox pro. Just wondering how everything looks. I found a design on here that was almost exactly what I needed, but not enough space on vented side so I did a little tweaking. Going for 45-50hz with 2 cubes on sealed and 4 for ported side, for a 2:1 ratio. Not everything is filled in, like fb or f3, but just wondering if it seems solid. I couldn't put the contraltos in as drivers so that it will tell me everything, cause I couldn't get the driver list to update, it kept having an error.

IMG_20170717_125838.jpg

IMG_20170717_125942.jpg

How much power are you going to be running?

I avoid using "ratios" for bandpass box design because they give very inconsistent results.  

What kind of usable bandwidth do you want to get?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Subs are 2000rms each, and I'll be putting 4500rms on them, and maybe 5500 in future if I want to try to push then a little further. As for bandwith, I want to be able to dip down into the 20s but up to 50s and 60s too hopefully. And yes, I had port area at about 15 per square foot, but I had to tweak it a little bit, now it's dropped down to a little over 12. It's only at 55 sq in of port now.

Those subs aren't going to give you a real wide bandwidth in a 4th order bandpass box.  I'm not familiar enough with BassBoxPro, but I would strongly encourage you to try entering in the parameters again so you can get an idea of what kind of frequency response you are going to get.  Maybe Joe X can help you with that.  

As far as port area goes, I really like to keep port velocity under 22 m/sec with bandpass boxes.  BassBoxPro should be able to show you that as well.  With the amount of power you want to run, its going to take a LOT of port area.  

What's your reason for wanting to use a bandpass box vs a ported box?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Contralto subs love 4th bandpasses. If people didn't adhere so strictly to numbers and programs they would realize this.

Assuming at least RMS power clamped:

Sealed:
2.2 Ft^3

Ported:
6.0 Ft^3 - 10.0 Ft^3

Port Area:

90.0 In^2

Port Tune:
42.25 Hz

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

2 hours ago, bassaholic said:

Won't let me post other pic of vent size, but it's 9.25 tall, 7.5 wide, and 14 long

You are going to want a lot more port area than that.  The guideline of "16 sq in per cube" doesn't work well with bandpass boxes.    From what I understand BassBoxPro should be able to show you your port velocity, you might want to take a look at that.  

Builds:

Archived