Is this FLUKE MULTIMETER any good? I can't.figure it out

IMG_20170720_164148_zpsp97ceq7x.jpg

Is It any good. Looks expensive. I can run the simple ones. Just turn the dial till I find the voltage. But this perticular meter I pressed all the buttons and turned all the dials I could and could not find 12 volts on my damn battery. 

All I want to do is test ohms. Volts. And amps. And see if I got good grounds. How do I find this out. These sybmols.mean nothing to me. I know the ohm symbol.and the v is for volts. But that's all I know. And not having an instruction manual kinda fucks me

That DMM is junk.  You should send it to me for proper disposal.  

Seriously though, that's like a $900 tool there.  

To test voltage and ohms first make sure your positive test lead is plugged into the right most socket. Negative lead in the black socket.

The V with the squiggly line over it is for AC voltage.  The V with the straight and dashed line is DC voltage.  

When you have the dial set for ohms the round blue button is going to change it between ohm measurement, continuity check, and diode check.  

Doesn't look like you can measure amperage over 1 amp with that meter.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

54 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

That DMM is junk.  You should send it to me for proper disposal.  

Seriously though, that's like a $900 tool there.  

To test voltage and ohms first make sure your positive test lead is plugged into the right most socket. Negative lead in the black socket.

The V with the squiggly line over it is for AC voltage.  The V with the straight and dashed line is DC voltage.  

When you have the dial set for ohms the round blue button is going to change it between ohm measurement, continuity check, and diode check.  

Doesn't look like you can measure amperage over 1 amp with that meter.  

Damn trit. Figured it was worth something. Having that 1000 volt range stamp. Even tho I'll never use it for anything more than 480/600 out on a rig.

Anyways I tried what u said and was.able to find the DC on my battery. Then Did a bit of research on AC and DC which helped me understand what setting for whay I'm testing. Still not 100% sure how to figure out resistance in a ground location but I'm.sure if I check Google or the site I'll find it. Tha KS for the help again triticum bro

Be careful when the probes are in the Amps sockets. U could blow the fuse in the dmm if u do something wrong like i did lol. Always make sure u have the probes in the right sockets and the dial turned to the right mode. Its good practice to try to always turn it back to off mode when ur done, not just let it shut off on its own and leave it in one of the modes. 

That's a nice one. The mv output can be used to calibrate analog equipment like a speed control for a servo system or a position control for a valve. Not much use in car audio for that feature though. You should be able to download the manual from their website. The min/max is good to see what your lowest voltage is on your charging system when the bass hits. Check it up front and check it in the back. This will help you find any weak connections and maybe indicate if another power run would help.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

6 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

That's a nice one. The mv output can be used to calibrate analog equipment like a speed control for a servo system or a position control for a valve. Not much use in car audio for that feature though. You should be able to download the manual from their website. The min/max is good to see what your lowest voltage is on your charging system when the bass hits. Check it up front and check it in the back. This will help you find any weak connections and maybe indicate if another power run would help.

That's awesome shade tree Be good to know. Ill be running a mechman 370, 2 xs power 3300 amp Batts and  2 runs of 2/0 gauge ofc so I'm thinking I'll be good for power.. I went all out to start. I had run 2 runs of 2/0 ground cable as well back to batteries but just pulled those out yesterday cuz someone mentioned they add more resistance than grounding to frame. I was worried about engine noise but my system isn't ready just yet.so no point worrying about it yet. Waiting on my birch to get her before I build the box.just working on putting In the new alt and soddering all ym connections rn. Will have a member build page shortly. Thanks again for the help

Archived