pics, pics, pics ughhhhhh

On 7/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, audiofanaticz said:

It kind of is a big deal, so for some its just easier to pay the $400 a year. Though I never would... The worst part is its not a monthly payment, its 1 large lump sum every year.

People like Steve that had used photobucket since this sites existence and posted all his photos from his builds on photobucket, and then linked them here on the site for thousands to see forces him to pay that premium..
Even though you can download all your photos what is a person like him to do? Re upload 10+years of photos, and then change every url of the old photo to the new photo on everyone of his posts?

Luckily Steve can bit the bullet and pay that premium, but other users that had really popular build logs are now shit out of luck because replacing every photo is to time consuming and paying that premium for most is not an option.

Ive been using imageshack.us for a while now and pay the $25 yearly fee. No issues yet.

When I said it wasn't a big deal I was talking from the perspective of the actual act of downloading your library, actually doing that is not that hard even if its a lot of pictures its the reuploading to another site or relinking everything thats a whole PITA which I understand. I was responding to the guy that said he couldn't download his and that photobucket was holding them for ransom. 

Also I wasn't talking from Steves perspective I was talking from mine, I had maybe 100 pictures. But I understand whats going on for some folks, you go on pirate4x4 or any site with build logs and it makes them a mess. The WAY that photobucket did it was insane, you instantly lose people because you rolled it out sloppy. 

I was toying with actually setting up a data server with rackspace or something, I am not sure how third party links would work though. I am sure theres some type of front end that would allow me to share links I just am not sure which. All the "free" services are never free in the end, that business model doesn't work. I just have no idea what the third party traffic would cost. I am guessing thats most of photobuckets bill at the end of the day since so many used them for forums.  

Archived