Second Skin Audio

help with temp box

jeff146.4

the vehicle is a 03 taurus. the temp box because I'm waiting to buy a bigger amp i would like to move up to a dc 7.5k. but might have a chance to buy a m4a. i figured that running on such little power would mean that once I go to more power would need a different box.

And Joe X thank you didn't know if you were still on here had a different account but forgot password rsfm089. you made me the box for the hdc 3's ended up doing a 146.4. Had to sell everything before i could seal off the trunk and move it around or i think i could of almost hit 150. Thank you very much had a lot of fun with that build.

I would look into the drawbacks of running a lot less power in a box built for higher power and see if it's worth building 2 boxes. If you don't lose that much it may be ok to go ahead and build a box for the power you will end up running.

I don't know nearly enough about how that works so Joe, Tritucum, or any one of the lots of other knowledgeable people here can hopefully chime in.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I would do what MrSkippyJ suggests and just build the box for the power is going to have in the end.  You aren't going to give up much vs a box specifically designed for lower power.  Unless you just really like building boxes.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i do like building boxes but as long as it won't hurt the sub I'm good with building one box. I really wish i was half as smart as some of you guys when it came to this box building Tritium been reading a lot of your post you do a lot of good stuff. well just hoping joe will chime back in one he gets time. Once again thanks for all the help everyone.

Archived