Sundown Audio

Bass Knob question

akuma4u

hey i have some questions relating to bass knobs.

I have read a few places that suggest to set the gain while the bass knob is on HALF instead of full.. why is that? MOST of the places say to set it on FULL before setting the gain but i believe steve meade and DD audio say to set it at HALF..

another thing is about the clipping light on the bass knob.. for those that have clipping indicators on their bass knobs.. is a little flashing ok? is it when it stays SOLID that when its really hard clipping? OR should NO light be coming on at all?

thanks

Firstly what amp are we talking about?

not all "bass knobs" even control the actual gain, most are just a bass boost control.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just now, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Firstly what amp are we talking about?

not all "bass knobs" even control the actual gain, most are just a bass boost control.

Its a crescendo bc2000. Its the safe knob. Bass attenuation not gain

Set the gain with the knob turned all the way up.

Personally id ditch that knob and get a pac lc1.

And don't trust that clipping light, they aren't accurate.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 minute ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I had the pac inatalled before this one. I bought this one specifically for the clipping light indicator. 

One thing i hate is how bright the blue led is. I had to cover it up with tape

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Elaborate your opinion  on the lc1 for me a little. 

1 minute ago, 8ten8 said:

Elaborate your opinion  on the lc1 for me a little. 

I know your message is directed at him but ill chime in and give u a reason why i swirched from pac to crescendo knob. Not only does the crescendo knob have the clip light for extra peace of mind but it allows u to have a straight path from head unit to amp on the rcas. With pac u go from head unit to pac then pac to amp. 2 sets of rcas with interruption in between. Just in my head i thought a straight rca path would be cleaner and more efficient. 

Archived