Amp channels different ohms

I recently got some A pillars that house 2 super tweets each, and I currently have a set in my dash. I am using a Rockford Fosgate pbr300.2 to power the tweets until I put my second Q4.90 in

My question is:

Is it ok to wire each channel to a different ohm load? The amp is 2 ohm stable, and it would be 2 ohms on left channel and 4 ohms on right. The reason I want to do it this way is so then on my headunit, I am still able to adjust the pillars or the dash tweets separately from eachother by changing the balance of that channel from left or right 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

The amp swings impedance drastically with varying frequency. As music is played, your channels may not see the same impedance simply due to recordings sending separate signals to the left and the right channels. A guitar solo on the right channel only is a good example. So your amp plays a varying impedance load between channels all the time  

Also, i ran only one side for like 2 weeks and it played fine. 

However, not sure if thats the best way to achieve the tuning flexibility youre looking for. Tuned in for more recommendations. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

It shouldn't have any adverse effects other than the higher DCR channel not having as much output as the lower DCR. The amp will send the signal no matter what, and those resistances are within the limits of the amp

10 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

The amp swings impedance drastically with varying frequency. As music is played, your channels may not see the same impedance simply due to recordings sending separate signals to the left and the right channels. A guitar solo on the right channel only is a good example. So your amp plays a varying impedance load between channels all the time  

Also, i ran only one side for like 2 weeks and it played fine. 

However, not sure if thats the best way to achieve the tuning flexibility youre looking for. Tuned in for more recommendations. 

Thank you for the clarification. I think it will get me the adjustment I need. I don't have to have different crossover points or anything for each channel, this will just allow me to adjust on the headunit. The "high left" channel would be my dash tweets. And my "high right" channel will be my pillars. So if I turn the speaker level up or down for either "high right" or "high left" it will turn either my pillars or my dash tweets up and down. That way I can sort of balance them so one doesn't over power the other. 

9 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

why not just do front and rear? you can for sure have those be different impedance levels.

Because the 2 channel I'm using only has the two channels, and the signal coming from the head unit to the amp is just the high left and high right signal 

1 hour ago, reedal said:

It shouldn't have any adverse effects other than the higher DCR channel not having as much output as the lower DCR. The amp will send the signal no matter what, and those resistances are within the limits of the amp

Thank you. That will actually work out perfectly because I am not wanting the pillar tweets to be as loud, so it works out great that those are the ones that will be at 4 ohm

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Not something i would do personally, just pick up another amp, those pbr's are cheap.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

12 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Not something i would do personally, just pick up another amp, those pbr's are cheap.

Yeah I know they are, and I do have a second Q4.90 to put in for all the tweets, just no real room to put it right now. I will be rebuilding in a little bit and figured if I could wire them up to the pbr I have in now for the time being it would be better than nothing. Eventually all the tweets will be on a Q4.90

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

so the amp is just going to get half as hot then. hehe.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived