Sundown Audio

Run 2 amps or 1 5-channel?

Rockbrook

Putting a system in my mustang and don't wanna go crazy I just wanna have some decent sound to listen to over the exhaust.

Currently have a PPI PC250 that I had planned to run my subwoofer with and then purchase a cheap 4-channel for the mids and highs ($150 or less budget)

But, searching on craigslist and I come across a guy selling a kicker CX600.5 for $100. Seems like it'll do everything I need, I don't need a butt load of power. 

On the other hand I've read that this is Kicker's entry line of amps and I don't know how I feel about that.

The 4 channel that I wanted to add is a Precision Power i1000.4 <-Links to sonicelectronix page 

Ultimately I'd like to see what you guys think if I should grab that 5-channel for $100 or just get the 4-channel and run two amps?

If I didn't want to go crazy and just wanted a little bump....i'd do the Kicker amp. For $100 (if it works) seems like a good deal.

Think about what you said though.....you are skeptical of running a Kicker entry level amp but have no problem buying a cheap amp to run your mids/highs....lol.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I did think about that after I posted it LOL.

Kind of contradicted myself, I guess what I was getting at is that I do want something decent, but don't need anything extravagant.

I'm kind of leaning towards that PPI amp since it provides a pretty good kick in power and it may suit me if I decide to upgrade my door speakers later down the road. Speaker wise for right now I'll just be running one of my old leftover Alpine Component sets upfront.

Edit: The only thing is, that 5-channel for $100 seems like one hell of a deal, on the other hand I'm thinking about buying it and maybe I'll run it awhile and if I don't like it then I can  re-sell it. It'll definitely be the cheaper option. I've never used nor heard a kicker amp, am I overthinking it or will it most likely sound fine? 

If the amp works it will sound fine. I have ran kicker for years. I have kicker stuff in my truck and my wife's car. Although I have not tried out this new line.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

100 bucks used on that kicker sounds about right. You can pick up a new one for like 160-170 on ebay. Kicker amps are decent. But if its been abused in any way i wouldnt trust it. 

Archived