Sign in to follow this  
bolanorthhighlands

2005 BMW 530i

My uncle got a BMW 530i for my cousin. Are there any after market stereos that will still look factory. I saw some one remove the whole system and put a newer model(factory 2010 BMW system). But it's at least $1000. I'm just looking for a single din that won't take away any factory functions. I may need to run two systems(the factory system without touching it, and a single din separate from the factory system). Any help u can give me on a after market radio for this car would help.

Heres a thread with the exact same stereo. he left everything completely stock(just upgraded)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711172

Edited by bolanorthhighlands

Somebody told me I need to remove the whole entire backseat & rear deck lid to do the rear speakers. But I hope not.

crutchfield & sonicelectronix are saying 5.25" speakers in the front and rear. But I know now the fronts are not 5.25" speakers. The front doors were 4" speakers. I don't think the rear speakers are 5.25" either. I'm going to try and remove the rear decklid speaker grills. And find out if they're 5.25" or 4" speakers. 

cw29GuB.png

FizFNex.png

On 8/19/2017 at 2:54 AM, bolanorthhighlands said:

Replaced the speakers in the rear deck lid with 4" Rockford primes. He likes the new headunit with all new speakers. May be thinking about a 10" subwoofer

did you have to remove the back seat