Sonic Electronix

New to this and needing a car, so want advice on getting a ride.

I'm new to car audio. I threw a head unit in my (now dead) 99 Intrepid, but nothing serious before.

Since the Intrepid is going to be paperclips soon, I'd like advice on what cars are best for audio and why.

On a similar note, why are Tahoes so popular, especially compared to Suburbans?

Edit: It'll be my daily, so no wall Astros or other really extreme stuff, just a car with really good acoustics.

My guess is the tahoe doesnt look disproportionately huge like a suburban. Tahoe is more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes than a suburban? And u can fit alot of sub and alot power into a tahoe still. Its a best of both and there are alot of experiences and knowledge people can provide when using that vehicle the tahoe. A vehicle where the enclosure is in the same cabin space as the listener would seem optimal for listening and for ease of box design. As opposed to an enclosure in the trunk of a car. I think wagons also would make great basshead vehicles, like a dodge magnum, a ford flex, a scion xb, chevy hhr, any lil crossover suv, even hatch cars. Its just a matter of experiences and equipment available for those vehicles. Some cars dont have direct bolt on HO alternators made for them, which means u need to make a custom bracket. I think a  vehicle without a trunk, where the rear area of the vehicle is open wide to the front of the vehicle would make things a whole lot easier. Not saying u cant do great with a trunk, just saying a suv style cargo area is easier to deal with, specially becuase the whole back door moves out the way, cars just have a trunk lid, limiting the size of box u can slide in. Just my thoughts.

tahoes are the shit. 99-06 GM vehicles are the cats ass when it comes to basshead activites. Fit 2-3+ alts, have big ass door panels, fit double dins from factory. heavy suspension. robust cooling systems so you can idle one all day at shows. parts are cheap too.

BUT the half tons have shitty transmissions from factory.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yes go 99-06 tahoe or Yukon. I currently have a 2009 tahoe that I'm constantly restoring due to  it being a lemon then I found out all 07-13 tahoes fall apart quite easily. It's my favorite vehicle and bass vehicle I've ever owned but so far my seat backs fell off, had to get new headliner, dashboard fell apart n had to be replaced, carpet got random holes, roof had leaks,door handle fell off, bumper started cracking until it fell n half, and I lost the back of my side view mirror n car wash . None of these were accident related. So yes tahoes sound great, fit big rims, are easy to get alts on make sure u find the right one oh yeah my motor died at 135k so find a good one.

Tahoe's are so basic macanicly there the easiest vehicle to work on , I'm not a Chevy fan but if I were to build a demo vehicle it would be a Tahoe look at all the Alt options they have and a ton of room under the hood . But they do have a lot of issues find a good one and if u like working on your own cars u will be fine. They love to rust around the rock panels and rust bad. So look it over.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived