Hi,

I purchased a OM-1 a few months ago. Now I installed it and it runs... a sort of. I cant adjust the sensitivity low enough. My amp does 107V before Clipping (According to DD-1+) and the OM-1 should be capable of 150V.

Also, wenn I run my system my amp will protect at roughly 70% of volume when the OM-1 is connected. Under 70% it works like it should.

Is this a known issue or do I have a bad OM-1?

On 8/1/2017 at 0:16 PM, piti_rocks said:

Hi,

I purchased a OM-1 a few months ago. Now I installed it and it runs... a sort of. I cant adjust the sensitivity low enough. My amp does 107V before Clipping (According to DD-1+) and the OM-1 should be capable of 150V.

Also, wenn I run my system my amp will protect at roughly 70% of volume when the OM-1 is connected. Under 70% it works like it should.

Is this a known issue or do I have a bad OM-1?

The sensitivity adjustment of the OM-1 should allow it to be used on amplifiers from 12V - 150VAC output.  Is this a class D subwoofer amplifier that you are having the problem with?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a forum. Have you tried emailing them or picking up a phone and calling? This is not their business site. This is just a bunch of bassheads talking. I'm sure if you were to call that Tony would walk you through it step by step.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

how can you be sure that your amp isnt producing distortion? Have you looked at the output on an o-scope to confirm you have a clean signal? 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic