Second Skin Audio

Help needed

byoung80

+1 to everything audiofanaticz said.

When shopping for a box builder it always a good idea to ask to see pics of boxes they have built.  Its even better if they have pics of the inside of their boxes (during construction).  We all love a good looking box, but its the stuff on the inside that makes a difference when it comes to performance.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I don't know what your reasoning for not doing this is but, if you can swing it, you should try to build your own. I'm sure a few of us on here wouldn't mind helping you come up with a design. Think about it if you can. 

Sometimes for some people its easier to have someone else do it because they may not have all the needed tools, or want something more than they are capable of such as router work (i got over $1,200 in router bits for example, and several hundreds in just a few templates), sometimes people live in an apartment complex with no room to build such things.

The reasons can really be endless.

Granted anyone can buy a $30 sheet of wood and the cheapest Jigsaw and circular saw and try it themselves but it might not be anywhere near the quality they want ya know.

I mean look at the recent boxes EXO posted on youtube not long ago, how long has he been doing this car audio stuff? His building skills are still lacking and nothing to brag about, hell Id be ashamed to post that on my youtube channel if I was him, but for some people they think its fine or dont know better.
It is what it is. I know Ive came a long way from my teen years, you would think others would that stayed consistent in the hobby.

Archived