Custom Dual alternator bracket?

Hello fellow Bassheads, my current system build is in progress, but am having trouble. I have (4) 15s, each one on a American Bass Ph4000MD. I also have a rockford fosgate 150x2 on the midshipmen's and highs. I am unable to reach full potential with them because my electrical is lacking. I have a Mechman 240A alt and a auto zone  Durlast battery(group 24). In theory i should be drawing over 580 amps of power, but i suspect it to be less then, due to impedance rise. Still that is a big draw. I usually like to keep my system around 8/10 way up. and then full tilt on some songs or when demoing 

my questions are. Could someone fabricate dual alternator bracket for me (wich i would pay to have shipped to me) or is there any super high amp alternators out there? Or do i need to buy and build a massive battery bank. 

P.S i have a 2006 toyota sequoia and the engine bay is fairly tight, i believe it is possible to fit another alt right next to current one but will be tight.

Two things:

1) You need more reserve.  One G24 battery is not nearly enough.  

2) Try designing an alternator bracket!  I used some wood and spent a few hours figuring mine out.  Then I sketched it up and its currently being made at a waterjet shop.

My bracket is for a single alt, so yours is more complicated.  Although, you've made it this far, no sense in giving up on a new task.

35551228903_8a8d6681fa_k.jpg

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

3 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Also there are a few companies you can check with. Mechman, dc power, excessive amperage. Several of the alternator companies make brackets as well.

Only thing is that those companies only do common vehicles (yukons, tahoes, or anything with common engines)

1349713160_rte.png

Thank you guys for input, I am unconfident i will be able to design or even try to make a alt bracket, but i will try. The only way to access the alt is under car 

Mechman said that i can send i my current 240 amp alt and have them convert it to 320 amp for $125(plus shipping there and back) but that is only 80 amp difference.  I want to do it, but for one my car will be out of commission for a bit, and if i get dual alt bracket i will need to purchase a 320 amp alt with in turn is more $$$. I might upgrade alt, and during the time i am getting alt made, i will work on bracket+ saving up for second 320 amp alt, but unsure if this is wise choice

Sorry my thought trail is unorganized, perks of being a teen haha

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sequoia_Bass said:

Thank you guys for input, I am unconfident i will be able to design or even try to make a alt bracket, but i will try. The only way to access the alt is under car 

Mechman said that i can send i my current 240 amp alt and have them convert it to 320 amp for $125(plus shipping there and back) but that is only 80 amp difference.  I want to do it, but for one my car will be out of commission for a bit, and if i get dual alt bracket i will need to purchase a 320 amp alt with in turn is more $$$. I might upgrade alt, and during the time i am getting alt made, i will work on bracket+ saving up for second 320 amp alt, but unsure if this is wise choice

Sorry my thought trail is unorganized, perks of being a teen haha

Yeah i agree i have a 2001 toyota solara with a skar audio vxf 12 1500 watt sub and my lights dim like crazy and its like no information online about people with toyota and their sound system everybody has like gm vehicles or anything other than toyota its hard on this side man i have a second batt but needs to be installed i need to replace my main battery and figure out how to run dual alts because honestly i feel like that would be the best bang for your buck no pun intended 😭 this stuff is more expensive than I thought 

Archived