Sonic Electronix

Power problem also brand new amp getting hot fast

Maybe the operator. They won't find anything wrong with it. I bet they don't use ohms law to set the gain because there is no way to tell when it starts clipping.

Clipping is the problem.

You can get a new amp and it will do the same thing.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the amp back from the orion a second time and it was getting hot at the test place. The guy at orion said since its a A/B class amp it will run hotter pushing a sub which i know A/B class does run hotter. They also pull more power. He had 5 deep cycle batteries that he used to test the amp and he said he only got up to 125 degrees. I'm sure it got hotter then that but ether way he said its hot to where you can't touch it but its because its class A/B. I don't want any amp getting that hot. I have videos of it at 144 and 16 more degrees it could have started cooking raw meat lol. Anyway i just sent it back to the company I bought it from today and they are giving me my money back but since orion got bought out by a new company I don't know if I want to buy their amps ever again. I thought maybe their D class is good but i'm scared to even try one now. Soooo I'm back to square one looking for a good amp to push the mtx 9500. I even looked into mtx amps and they only make a few now and all are rated at 1 ohm so when you do 2 ohm i can't even get the power I want out of them to push one sub. What are some good brand amps? ones that can take a beating and not give up? I know JL,sundown,rockford,also heard NVX has good amps now I don't know how much punishment they can take, Audison (whih is new to me but for the price they better be good). People say hifonics amps are good and I know back in the day I heard a couple but they sold their company too and I'm on my last leg of trying to save a dollar on amps and just thinking of dumping some serious money into a amp or amps that can man handle these mtx. I just tired of going through them. I tried a kicker CXA1200.1 this last couple weeks and overall good amp but two songs when I had the sub about jumping out the box it would shut off. Also tried a second one and it always wants to cut out but the second one was used. Anyway sorry for going on but any pointers on some good amps that can take a ass kicking let me know thank you!

thank you math ill look into them. I'm eye balling a sundown SCV-2000D right now. 1000 watts at 2 ohms if I'm just running one 9500 or 2000 watts a 1 ohm if i'm running both so thats perfect but the price is killer but then again I guess you get what you pay for huh...

Archived