CC-1 + Brazilian Amplifiers

mrdab

So the other day my friend came over with his Banda Viking 10k for me to tune and I was unable to tune it with my DD-1 and CC-1. I also had the same experience with a Taramps HD8000. The DD-1 detected clipping at near minimum gain on both amps. I used the -5db overlap track for setting the gains. When I attempted to tune the Banda, I tested the maximum undistorted HU voltage and it was 2.3v. It has a maximum input sensitivity of 3v so I should be able to turn the gain up a bit before hitting distortion but as soon as I turn the gain up just a slight hair, the DD-1 distortion light came on. I heard that the clipping indicators on the amps are accurate so I tried it out. I barely had to move it at all from the DD-1 set point to the amp's clip indicator set point so it seemed accurate to me. Once that was set I moved on to the CC-1. As soon as I hook it up, I get a red signal light with the track playing on volume 1 and even without any track playing at all... wierdest shit I ever saw.  No matter what I tried, the signal light stayed red. I've tuned many amps without any issues whatsoever. The only amps my SMD tools didn't work on were those 2 brazilians. Has anyone else had issues tuning brazilians? 

there are likely other things causing distortion before you hit what you are looking for

check voltage at amp

check ground are few things to check

btw usually you don't have to turn gain up too much btw what is bass boost at

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

The voltage and grounds were fine tuned with bass boost all the way down EQ flat too. He actually had very good electrical. The fact that I had the same exact problems on 2 different Brazilian amps and not any other amps makes me conclude its the amps themselves. Do you run a Brazilian deathcards? 

Archived