Soldering Gauge Reducers/Adapters

4 minutes ago, Kennyy said:

I believe the wire I'm running is actually over sized. (Rockford Fosgate 1/0)...I thought of using the distribution blocks but figured it would defeat the purpose of not soldering considering my Rockford fosgate blocks use set screws as well. Another reason for wanting reducers is to make connecting and disconnecting super easy since it defeats having to twist wire etc to try and fit in the input. Aside of a solder that big breaking in the future is there any other issue I can run into soldering the reducers? I'm only running 1500 Watts rms so my bass usage isn't going to be too crazy. 

For the member that asked if it's the 1/0 pulling out the reducer, yes..the reducer sits very secure on the amp once the set screw is tight so I want to secure the actual wire not coming out of the 1/0-4/0 reducer 

As long as you make a good joint, I can't foresee very many problems. 

Man. So odd. I've ran up to 24 dual 1/0 blocks in a build, each with 2 ss on each block. 4 on each amp. Never once did a SS come loose. So odd to even hear of it.  I had a dual block on 2 alts, using ss also, and never had them back out. No loctite or anything. Odd.  Solder em up i guess. Show us a pic when ya do it. I'd like to scope it out. Good luck yo. 

22 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Man. So odd. I've ran up to 24 dual 1/0 blocks in a build, each with 2 ss on each block. 4 on each amp. Never once did a SS come loose. So odd to even hear of it.  I had a dual block on 2 alts, using ss also, and never had them back out. No loctite or anything. Odd.  Solder em up i guess. Show us a pic when ya do it. I'd like to scope it out. Good luck yo. 

It's not the actual set screw that backed out or that I worry about backing out bro, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough in my first post I apologize. Reason I said I hate set screws is because I feel there could be a better way to input 1/0 into an amp, the actual set screws didn't back out it's the wiring that backed out of the input due to the set screw not holding all the wires strong enough inside the amp input even after tightening it down as firm as possible 

Nice idea about the ferrules.  That may also help guiding the fray of wires into the hole.  I'm gonna try that out when I reinstall my amps.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Oh, shit. Get your wire nice and clean, twist it up a bit. After that, take some solid wire (really small, but not small enough to break with a quick tug) and wrap it around your wire tightly in a nice coil. Works great if you don't have ferrules. 

Archived