I didn't realize they are full range. Now its got me thinking.....

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capture.PNG?raw=1

i have the 1 ohm version wired to 10 XSM8s. it'll make your ears bleed and sound good at the same time.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Just watched this video on Youtube in it's entirety.  You definitely put some time into that video!  I love that YOU* tested one of these amps, here/see so much about them more and more over the last couple years.  Yea, they look small as hell, have very little internals (that HV cap tho!)  and those numbers are impressive.  Yea, that 10k test was nuts!  That fact they are full range is mind boggling.  Definitely have to keep them within their voltage range rating.  Why did the first test struggle being smooth when wattage was climbing?  After looking at internals I can't believe it pulls that much amperage!  Are they like pushing things to the max?!  That 0.3% THD deters me but that price is nice!

I am so, so grateful for you to have made this video!  THANKS!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 8/22/2017 at 5:55 AM, 06RTCharger said:

Those 10khz numbers tho....geez. I was hoping u would show the amp draw of the 10khz run, did i miss it?

The current draw numbers were not accurate at 10kHz, I guess something to do with the frequency. The Fluke Meter I'm using was originally 5 or 600 bucks, so it's a good one...

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

On 8/22/2017 at 11:38 AM, Karkov said:

Just watched this video on Youtube in it's entirety.  You definitely put some time into that video!  I love that YOU* tested one of these amps, here/see so much about them more and more over the last couple years.  Yea, they look small as hell, have very little internals (that HV cap tho!)  and those numbers are impressive.  Yea, that 10k test was nuts!  That fact they are full range is mind boggling.  Definitely have to keep them within their voltage range rating.  Why did the first test struggle being smooth when wattage was climbing?  After looking at internals I can't believe it pulls that much amperage!  Are they like pushing things to the max?!  That 0.3% THD deters me but that price is nice!

I am so, so grateful for you to have made this video!  THANKS!

Thanks bro for the comments. It appears the amp may have been going in and out of 1% THD throughout the certified run using 40Hz. This explains why it jumped numbers when counting the wattage. Tony D mentioned this way back when he created the Dyno that some of the Class D's would have issues with the certified mode. Honestly, I don't think there's a big need to get caught up with certified numbers (for subwoofer amps). I'd be much more interested in the UNcertified (to clipping) and Dynamic RMS Power numbers.

Something I don't mention enough is the fact these tests with test tones show the absolute worst case as far as current draw is concerned. In a real world environment, playing music (although music with LOOOOONG bass notes will differ) usually averages about 1/2 the current draw I show in the tests. I'm still VERY wary of using 4GA wire for an amp capable of pulling so much current. I've been told the SHCA 4 to 1/0 adapters work in this amp, so I'd recommend using them with this amp.

Thanks again and BTW, new test going live later today...Planet Audio "Big Bang" BB4000.1 on deck!!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

I have the DSP3000 for my mids and I love the little thing, stays really cool compared to my old monster Optidrive 1600x2

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, goldeneye4564 said:

Capture.PNG?raw=1

i have the 1 ohm version wired to 10 XSM8s. it'll make your ears bleed and sound good at the same time.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, SoCaLBaMF said:

I have the DSP3000 for my mids and I love the little thing, stays really cool compared to my old monster Optidrive 1600x2

Are you guys running one on each door? This is a mono amp right?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

4 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Are you guys running one on each door? This is a mono amp right?

Mines just one for both doors and is plenty. They throw out lots of power and stay cool. Going from mounting a 50lbs 38 inch long amp to a 10 inch 7 lbs amp is nice as well lol

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I have the hd8k and I'm thinking putting it on 16 10 inch minds

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived