Second Skin Audio

Opinions wanted asap please.

slowngreen

I recently bought an 01 ex cab f150 and soon after realized how little room was under the seat. I had it planned in my head to do 4 6.5's or if I got lucky, 4 8's firing forward. Unfortunately I only have 6.5 height under the seat and I'm not really wanting to raise the seat. 

The previous owner included a dual 10" down firing box that fits but the only one I've ever heard sounded horrible to me. Not sure what the subs were though. 

He had 2 Type S 10's which he kept. 

With matched rms, could those 10's are really any 10's actually produce much bass firing down under the seat? Or will they always sound muffles and crappy?

My last rig I had a single XFL 10, ported on 1000w rms (Audiopipe) and liked it alot but I'm hoping to not remove the seat in this truck and not going to just sit a box on the seat. But that gives an idea of what I'm kind of hoping for bass wise. 

Any other good options? Anyone here have a 97-03 ex cab setup they want to share pics of? 

I don't think that 6.5s or 8s will do what you are looking for. Put two 10s in that box and see what it does.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

The type S 10's apperently fit since thats what he had, maybe I'll see whats the lowest he will take for them and go from there. Guess if they don't do what I want I can always remove one part of the folding 60/40 seat and do something there. Single 10 or 12 or something. 

You could try the skar audio vd 10s. 130 bucks a pair on ebay. If your limited on space go sealed. A proper sealed enclosure will sound better than an undersized ported.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

fotofucket sucks.

th_D925C268-FE43-43C4-A9DA-EF82A4EB7317_zpszyyvie11.jpg

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I just started thinking about that actually. My XFL 10 in my last truck was in a center console box and also doubled as a real comfortable arm rest. 

On a side note, this is not my picture but I did find this setup using the 40 of the 60/40 seat. Looks good I think... I only ever have 3 passengers too so this might be what I end up deciding on, maybe not two 12's like the pic but a single 15 instead....maybe

1766800005_large.jpg

Archived