Vibraflex on top of second skin?

I currently have a layer of second skin damplifier on my roof. I was thinking about buying a box of Vibraflex 160ml to use on my roof. But i was wondering, can I apply the vibraflex on top of the second skin damplifier? Or do I have to apply it to the bare metal? 

First time using vibraflex so I am not too sure. Thank you for any input!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I have murder matt on top of my second skin. 

It's been there for a couple months now. No issues.

I don't think there should be any problems. Both of those are quality deadeners. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

posted on ampere audio only Facebook page and Andrew bailey said that the added weight would more than likely pull off the second skin. So I'll probably end up taking off the second skin if I can. Lol. That should be fun.  

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Damp PRO already on roof or just Damp?  I think SS has one of the better adhesives in the business so if you roller it on i wouldn't think you would have an issue unless Andrew thinks that due to those hot summer days it may peel off?!  I have SS stuck to more SS and have no issues with any of it peeling off anywhere....IDK man, up to you, maybe keep researching around to see if anyone else anywhere has had SS peel off for ANY reason.......taking SS off is not a project I would ever wish upon anyone!!!!!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

17 minutes ago, Karkov said:

Damp PRO already on roof or just Damp?  I think SS has one of the better adhesives in the business so if you roller it on i wouldn't think you would have an issue unless Andrew thinks that due to those hot summer days it may peel off?!  I have SS stuck to more SS and have no issues with any of it peeling off anywhere....IDK man, up to you, maybe keep researching around to see if anyone else anywhere has had SS peel off for ANY reason.......taking SS off is not a project I would ever wish upon anyone!!!!!!

Just damplifier. Not pro. And I wasn't thinking it would come off. Doesn't really get that hot in Wisconsin. Lol. Idk. May try taking it off. May not. But the deal I can get for the box of vibraflex is good of a deal to pass up. So I may just have it sit until I figure it out. Or put a couple sheets on and see how it holds up. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

If you actually roll it on I don't see any issues. 

If you just flop it on without actually adhering it then it might fall off. 

The 3 layers of damp pro on my roof are still the exact same as the day I installed. They're right on top of another. 

I have stacked layers just about everywhere on my car, nothing has happened so far. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Vibraflex is not used for the same purposes as normal deadener. People often get this confused.

Vibraflex is used when you want to raise resonance, normal deadener is when you want to mass load and lower resonance.

If anything you would want to do Vibraflex first, and follow it up with a butyl deadener after.

8 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Vibraflex is not used for the same purposes as normal deadener. People often get this confused.

Vibraflex is used when you want to raise resonance, normal deadener is when you want to mass load and lower resonance.

If anything you would want to do Vibraflex first, and follow it up with a butyl deadener after.

I'm confused? I get why people would want to raise the resonance. That makes sense. 

But why apply Vibraflex, increase resonance, and then put normal deadener on? 

One would just negate the other? 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

I dont know why someone would want to do that, but this exact thread is just that...

However since he has butyl is applied first not only will the vibraflex not work as proper, it may cause the first deadeners adhesive to fail since it is rather heavy.
But lets say the butyl deadener hangs on good with the vibraflex over the top of it, but now you just spent all that money on putting the vibraflex on for wishy washy results since it wont work as intended.

Vibraflex will stiffen panels like no other and is GREAT in the world of SPL. No other deadener will touch it in that specific field alone, some may come close though, and that would be SecondSkin Im sure since they are the ONLY rigid aluminum foil deadener on the market. Every other butyl deadeners foil is like tinfoil, where as SecondSkin is like a aluminum can for its foil.

Putting the Vibraflex down first will raise resonance, the only reason I could see to do butyl over the top would be to combat some road noises (which in that case I would say closed cell foam like Luxury Liner and insulation matting  like HeatWave Pro maybe a better choice).
Would the butyl deadener on top of the Vibraflex cancel out one or the other? probably not, because at no point will a butyl deadener make that panel less stiff once vibraflex is applied, but using butyl first and then vibraflex will cause the vibraflex to not work how its intended due to that thick gooey butyl base its adhered too.

47 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

I dont know why someone would want to do that, but this exact thread is just that...

However since he has butyl is applied first not only will the vibraflex not work as proper, it may cause the first deadeners adhesive to fail since it is rather heavy.
But lets say the butyl deadener hangs on good with the vibraflex over the top of it, but now you just spent all that money on putting the vibraflex on for wishy washy results since it wont work as intended.

Vibraflex will stiffen panels like no other and is GREAT in the world of SPL. No other deadener will touch it in that specific field alone, some may come close though, and that would be SecondSkin Im sure since they are the ONLY rigid aluminum foil deadener on the market. Every other butyl deadeners foil is like tinfoil, where as SecondSkin is like a aluminum can for its foil.

Putting the Vibraflex down first will raise resonance, the only reason I could see to do butyl over the top would be to combat some road noises (which in that case I would say closed cell foam like Luxury Liner and insulation matting  like HeatWave Pro maybe a better choice).
Would the butyl deadener on top of the Vibraflex cancel out one or the other? probably not, because at no point will a butyl deadener make that panel less stiff once vibraflex is applied, but using butyl first and then vibraflex will cause the vibraflex to not work how its intended due to that thick gooey butyl base its adhered too.

Thank you very much for the good info 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived