Second Skin Audio

Its a scary situation considering im unemployeed

Eckogwear72

Most people don't use terminal cups because they can fail but i have never seen one do that. I would be worried about the amp if the terminals touched together.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Most likely your wire was too small and heated the terminal cup to the point it melted. 

I would run all new wire from the amp to the sub directly, and what i would do is get some wood to cover the terminal cup inside the box and drill a hole large enough to pass the wire through and seal it off with silicone or some other material like epoxy. Just make sure the wire you use is large enough to prevent any melting, 10ga, or 12ga will do fine.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just now, Skullz said:

Most likely your wire was too small and heated the terminal cup to the point it melted. 

I would run all new wire from the amp to the sub directly, and what i would do is get some wood to cover the terminal cup inside the box and drill a hole large enough to pass the wire through and seal it off with silicone or some other material like epoxy. Just make sure the wire you use is large enough to prevent any melting, 10ga, or 12ga will do fine.

This. Might have been a bad or loose connection that melted it too.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

U can check the sub too if u want. Just connect the wire directly to the sub and see if it plays. Dont turn the volume up much, just enough to test that its fine. Inspect the wire for any burns or discoloration first tho. If the subs fine then just replace the connection and seal it up good, use the method above or there are other methods also. Higher quality cups, something like the SMD magnetic terminals. Or close that hole with wood from the inside like mentioned above and drill in two studs, connect the sub to the studs on the inside of the box, then connect the speaker wire from the amp to the studs on the outside of the box. Using ring terminals and a lockwasher and nut to secure all both ends of both studs. 

Heres a good video about it too.

doubt you were running enough power to melt it.

looks like you were doing some spirited driving.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived