Sundown Audio

Bass is cutting in and out After Sub change.

dudeogo

Okay. I believe it still says it in my sig but ill repeat it just in case. I used to have an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 wired to one ohm on an Audio Pipe APCL1500.1 D. Worked great, zero issues.

Recently I got a Skar EVL 18 D4 as part of my rebuild and have it wired in parallel for a 2 ohms impedance to my amp (which is one ohm stable obviously) For a while it worked totally fine, but then it would cut out at my highest volume I would play at (27 of 40) if I would turn it down to say 25, then back up to 27 everything would be fine and it would come back on. Now  the bass will just totally cut out and I have to wait for it to come back on. I have 1/0 inputs into the amp. 

So Is my amp dying? Does my sub have a bad coil already? Is my voltage low without me knowing it? (never had voltage problems at 1 ohm so I don't know why I would at 2 ohms....) I have a 150 amp alternator and a group 34 under the hood.

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

Is the amp going into protect? If you are trying to get the same output at 2 ohms that you got at 1 ohm then you are probably clipping it hard.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

47 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Is the amp going into protect? If you are trying to get the same output at 2 ohms that you got at 1 ohm then you are probably clipping it hard.

I haven't yet had the chance to check if its going into protect or just cutting out. and no I'm not trying to get the same output. the gain is still at about 35/38% same ish as for 1 ohm

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

The amp was protecting, however it was because of a melted fuse block.... Everything is fixed now

Glad you found the problem. What size wire are you running? And have you done the big 3?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

47 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Glad you found the problem. What size wire are you running? And have you done the big 3?

1/0 silver tinned OFC. And yes. 

Archived