Sonic Electronix

whats up smd! its been a good while. feels good to be getting back into car audio, the hobby that made me into a commercial/industrial electrician. the last system i had was in a 98 oldsmobile intrigue with a single 15" in the trunk. first was obsidian audio on a hifonics brz1200, then went with a skar vvx 15 after that. ive had other equipment before those, played around with jl, sundown, audioque, t3 audio compnents, hertz speakers... so that was like 5 years ago. had to sell everything because we were in need of money. our first child was going to be born soon and i was the main person bringing in income working at ace hardware. well, now, thanks to the love of car audio, i signed up for an electrical apprenticeship program here in california and started my career as a general electrician. needed more than 12v sparks in my face lmao. finished the 5 years as an apprentice, took the state exam and passed! officially a certified general electrician. i currently work for anderson pacific as a journeyman electrician in the bay area.  but anyways, enough of my history. i want to build!

so i have somewhat an idea of what im looking to get for my 2012 honda accord. i commute a lot! ha so this will mainly be a daily setup. maybe compete just for giggles in the near future. because of my job and not owning/commuting in a pickup i need my trunk space. all of it haha. and also would like to have my spare tire easily accessible.  so that being said i am willing to sacrifice my rear seats for the sub(s). im only keeping one seat available for a car seat but the rest will be used to fit a box. so i have something like 25"w 24"h 18"d to work with. i already have a pioneer deh-80prs installed and replaced the stock front speakers with a set of skar TX65C and the rear with a pair of skar fsx 6.5s. yup, i think im going with skar all around. i had good experience with their sub and components in the past. and theyre very reasonably priced for what you get. unless someone can persuade me to go with others lol...

i will be running the stock alt for now (130a) thinking about getting a mechman later on. 

1-xs power d3400r for the front 

1-xs power xp3000 for the back

with that im hoping to supply a skar rp2000.1 and possibly a sk100.4

already stated what i have for mids n highs

a single zvx15 ported @ 33hz   or 2- evl12s @ 32hz (i know go with the 2 12s more cone area.. but idk something about having a 15..)

will be all sky high wiring and sound deadening (had some left over knu deadening from prior build that i put on the front doors.)

big 3 of course w/ 1/0 

and im sure there will be more as we go on. theres always more lol

so what you think? just something simple for daily. my old lady is giving me a budget of 3k  lol less is better tho. any recommendations, suggestions, comments, thoughts, some schooling would be grrreat! 

heres a simple box design i was messing around with on torres and sketchup. 4cu ft after all displacements including fiberglass. tuned @ 33hz. will be 3- 4" aero's  

20170826_1516401.jpg

20170716_1354402.jpg

20170716_1941381.jpg

thats it haha sorry didnt get a chance to get any pics of the speakers. i will next time around when i open up the door panels again. same for the rear deck. thanks guys... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Congrats on going journeyman with Anderson! It's busy as fuck in the bay, get it while you can$$. I think a 15 is the way to go with your space requirement imo. Good luck out there, keep us posted 

Thanks man greatly appreciated! Yes there's a lot of work in the bay. I'll try my best to keep you guys up to date for sure. 

11 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

What u need is a work truck brother lol. With a tool chest in the bed of it.

I agree! Haha can't afford to commute in it tho unless I get a gas card :D but really I'm kinda holding off until this thing is paid off then I'll look for a good work truck. 

Maybe a roof rack with a Job Box on top. Lol tuned in for build.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Just wall the back seat then you can still use your trunk lol... 

If it wasn't for parking in shady construction sites I would have done that. Now everything goes in the back seat. I just figured how to downsize my tools to a 24" husky bag and use it instead.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Maybe a pair of 15s on a free air baffle behind the seat? And a half wall behind them to keep the tools out.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

That's actually not a bad idea. I used to have 2 15s IB then 1 18 IB. With both of them i could still fit a 36x18x18 job box in the trunk.

Though both were on a jbl600.1 neither were super loud, sounded amazing and played down to 10hz effortlessly.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived