Old School Guts

06RTCharger

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 minutes ago, poorfish88 said:

I'm guessing the neg speaker terminals were replaced at some point the nuts on the inside the amp seem chewed up.

Yah they were replaced by the owner of Linear Power. Maybe he over looked the terminal size, i kind of doubt that tho. Maybe ill just shoot him an email. I just didnt want to email all kinds of questions to him lol.

Turns out theyre called 5way binding posts, you can connect to them 5 different ways. LP suggested i use the dual banana plugs too. They also wasnt sure why the negative terminals were smaller lol, but they dont make that connector anymore and he only has one left but it has one red and one black cap. Tryna see if he'll sell it and ill just paint over both caps with black touch up paint.

16 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

If it was me, I would screw the caps all the way down and just use banana plug for the positive and negatives speaker outputs.

I was thinking banana plugs would be a less secure connection, being that its not tightend down. I guess depends on the quality. Can u suggest a quality brand of dual bananaplugs? 

Archived