Second Skin Audio

Recommendations for 1000rms range subs that shine in sealed boxes

akuma4u

due to lack of space and also some personal preference, i want to run 2 12 or 2 15 or 2 - 3 10s sealed.. i have 2000rms to work with

i got about 3 cubes gross to work with

i want the f3 to be in the mid or high 20s mmmaybe even low 30s so i want them to be able to get low if needed and also as high up to 60hz+,..

the driver size 10-12 or 15 is something i need help on.. ive always used 12s, but i know there are 15s out there that can work in sealed setups with small space but not sure how they sound or if they hit hard or higher frequencies or are more for very low end bass.. 10s i heard are more punchier but i have never ran them.. but i could run 3 10s vs 2 12s so that is to take into consideration..

the subs must be designed to slam in sealed setups..so i believe the Q (or was it QTC?)  has to be above .4 to .7 range

i did have my eye on fi q and i believe the fi x but they got discontinued.. another model is the lethal injection. but not sure how they would sound in sealed set up vs other drivers

ive ran both sealed and ported set up and for the music i listen to , i prefer the sealed as it played the bass in more songs and genres better and cleaner and louder in some cases than the ported box. The ported box did very well around tuning frequency and also for long bass notes but sounds like 6x9s for faster higher freq bass outside of the tuning range..

i hate having to only be able to enjoy only 35% of my music,,

conversely, when i was running a dual 12 sealed set up, it played a wider range of frequencies better but lacked for the lower bass but that was only due to the higher f3 for the subs i was using..

i feel if i get a sub with a low f3 for sealed box and also designed to play in sealed set ups, i will be in a win win situation,.

3 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Sundown has a line of subs designed for sealed enclosures. They say theyre rated for 500w but being a sundown sub, i wouldnt be surprised if it could run double that or more.

yes i know of those but.. the rms was a little low so i dismissed them.. ill take another look

i know they are looked down upon but jl w7 12s work in around a cube sealed and get down to 30hz sealed.. but damn pricetag is insane. and that 3ohm stuff is nonsense

I run 1k per sub on 3 SA-10's they love it . Not a JL fan

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Yes under my seat in my truck I got the specs from a Sundown rep , slams visors move about an inch to inch and a half

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I have the SD series of Sundown subs. I think all of those had the intention for sealed but like most subs out there, can do ported or sealed all the same. The only subs I've ever seen that should really be used in sealed were some of the shallow mounts. Even the old 90's Kicker solo baric's could perform better in ported but it didn't have good thermal handling though.

3 cubes is not much to work with especially if you want the f3 that low. Maybe a single 15. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

15 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

3 cubes is not much to work with especially if you want the f3 that low. Maybe a single 15. 

a single 15 crossed my mind but in a sealed box,. i have heard a 15 will hit low but it wont have the tight hard hitting nature that 10s and 12s do for the higher frequencies..

there must be some good 1000rms range 12s that can go sealed and hit low..

heck in the 90s i had 2 jl 12w0s sealed and those things hit low

Stereo integrity hst12. 

http://stereointegrity.com/product/hst12-12-subwoofer/

Also half the info in your first post is just wrong lol. I'm running a 18 ported and it will play anything good. Rock, rap, country, classical... 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived