Home audio help..... What EQ if any; does every dig?

I was actually about to come on and recommend miniDSP too. Here is a link to their main site. 

https://www.minidsp.com/

I'm using the miniDSP 2x4 right now and it's great. Very small but can do so many things. You connect it to your computer to alter the eq and settings using software you buy from them ($10). There are a few different software plug-in options for the 2x4 depending on your use but once you pick the right one for your case it's pretty easy. Connect the DSP to your computer via USB mini B that's included and load up the plug-in. Sync the DSP and all your changes will be made in real time. Save your settings before you disconnect the DSP. It will have the settings in the DSP without needing a computer. Room EQ Wizard is also a great (free) program to use and works very well with miniDSP products. 

link to 2x4: https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

Thanks man. A minidsp ? What is that ? link me please. I see that, and think of like, a MS8 unit for car audio. Please link me to that bro?

Also,.... i spent all day today, hanging out with some family peeps. My ladys brother has been into the home audio, vinyl records galore. Been collecting and listing to records since he was like 9. Dudes collection is monster huge. So, i hooked up with him, and his family (wife and 2 kids) today, and we hit a graywhale, and some place that use to be a hastings, but has a new name. Anyway,.... i basically tripled my collection lol.  

Super stoked. Gray whale was having a 20% off on everything, so i went a lil full retard there. At the hasting wanna be shop, i nabbed some stooges, and 2 books was ll there But, still rad as fuck to walk around all day and dig through records for hours. Was fun as shit. I got maybe half of what i saw and wanted to buy, but, it is what it is. For now. Im working on another set of book shelf drivers ive had since i was like 15. Some MTX built stuff. Nice black enclosure, with a horn, and small mid. The problem is, that the 8's are blown, and id like to toss something in there. Cut out is 7 and 1/4" OD. Should i just find a replacment MTX driver, OR, can some one recomend something to put in the enclosure ? 

Awesome collection of vinyl you picked up there,  I'm certainly jealous.

DLHgn pretty much covered everything you need to know about the MiniDSP.  I've got a couple of them myself, for $100 you can't beat the power and flexibility that thing can give you.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

God damn. Thank you guys. Hey Triticum? would you be into selling one of them? Or am i better off just snagging one off of amazon ? And ya dude, my collection is weak as fuck lol. They are very expensive. The Wall set me back close to 50 bucks. Which, is so fucked up, due to the fact, i have that very album on 8 track, tape, CD, and on every one of my devices LOL. So ya, ive bought the same fucking thing 47 times LOL, but, .... i just had to have The Wall and Dark side of the moon in my collection. Just had to. The buddy that has gotten me into this, and is helping me, ... my hell, you should see his collection. Floor to ceiling, chuck full of vinyl. He treats them better than he treats his own children. LOL.... He has been a GREAT help in the adventure. And slowly but surly, ill get a collection, that TO ME, is fucking legit. But, like with all this shit, now i want new tower speakers, a new reciever on and on and on lol. If your into letting one of the MiniDsp's go, flip me a pm bro, other wise, shit, for around 100 bucks, ill just one click buy one tonight when i get home. Again, thanks for all the advise and help all. And as always ROCK ON !!!! . 

KB

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

God damn. Thank you guys. Hey Triticum? would you be into selling one of them? Or am i better off just snagging one off of amazon ? And ya dude, my collection is weak as fuck lol. They are very expensive. The Wall set me back close to 50 bucks. Which, is so fucked up, due to the fact, i have that very album on 8 track, tape, CD, and on every one of my devices LOL. So ya, ive bought the same fucking thing 47 times LOL, but, .... i just had to have The Wall and Dark side of the moon in my collection. Just had to. The buddy that has gotten me into this, and is helping me, ... my hell, you should see his collection. Floor to ceiling, chuck full of vinyl. He treats them better than he treats his own children. LOL.... He has been a GREAT help in the adventure. And slowly but surly, ill get a collection, that TO ME, is fucking legit. But, like with all this shit, now i want new tower speakers, a new reciever on and on and on lol. If your into letting one of the MiniDsp's go, flip me a pm bro, other wise, shit, for around 100 bucks, ill just one click buy one tonight when i get home. Again, thanks for all the advise and help all. And as always ROCK ON !!!! . 

KB

I'm holding on to both of my MiniDSPs :-)  

When you grab one from Amazon, if you need any help getting it setup just let me know!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 3 months later...

definitely invest in some plastic line paper sleeves. Really helps to keep the scratches off them. And be really careful about cleaning them, audio advisor has a cleaning machine thats super helpful. 

What turntable are you using? (Did I miss that?)

Check out discogs. Thats where I get a lot of my vinyl. 

I like automatic turntables, I have a marantz tt42 but you can't replace the stylus or cartridge easily so I got a Denon 300fp which is really really nice. I have about 200+ records at the moment, welcome to the club, you won't look back. 

Archived