Home audio help..... What EQ if any; does every dig?

All,

Ive been wanting to get back into albums for a while now. Ive had some chats with Tony, and some others, and i bought a low budget, but decent Technica turn table.  Those in the home audio know, what EQ band adjustment to you recommend or use or like ?  Pretty pumped to get back into old school records again. Love digging through them at record shops. Any way TIA for any help/advise.

KB

ADC makes a nice home hi fi EQ.  May find one on fleabay for good price.  

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I don't use any, old school stuff and higher end equipment shouldn't need an eq to sound right or good.

Been wanting to add a high end cassette deck to my collection for a while now but doing too much other stuff to get around to it.

Invest in a quality set of speakers like paradigm studio's while expensive up front they'll save you money from not having to upgrade later on.

Right now i have B&W bookshelf's and Klipsch's RF82 Towers.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Fuck an a,... i was wondering about just using some decent drivers, and let the records play themselves...... imma try that first,... thanks soccerballz, and Skulls, you may get a few DMs from me if you dont mind.  Thanks guys, im kinda stoked about getting into it,... im already tripping out about the very very first record ill play. Probably be pink floyd,... but, i have soooooo many titles going through my head, its a tough call lol. What recievers you guys use? Or dig? any advise there?? My old pioneer is .... old. Not in a good way, if you feel me. Love to hear a recommedation on a reciever. Thanks again all,  Appreicate ya....

KB

I have an old school nakamichi TA2 reciever along with a nakamichi OMS 2A CD player.

Getting some old school gear is pretty inexpensive for the quality you can get, Luxman, Nakamichi, Marantz, Pioneer, and many others are great quality pieces from back in the day.

This site is awesome for checking model numbers and specs on the gear.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nakamichi/ta-2.shtml

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Awesome man.  Good home audio systems are amazing. 

For EQ I like to use a MiniDSP.  Its handy for fixing room/placement issues and time alignment.  Also good for sub integration, if you are running an separate sub.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 8:32 AM, Triticum Agricolam said:

Awesome man.  Good home audio systems are amazing. 

For EQ I like to use a MiniDSP.  Its handy for fixing room/placement issues and time alignment.  Also good for sub integration, if you are running an separate sub.  

Thanks man. A minidsp ? What is that ? link me please. I see that, and think of like, a MS8 unit for car audio. Please link me to that bro?

Also,.... i spent all day today, hanging out with some family peeps. My ladys brother has been into the home audio, vinyl records galore. Been collecting and listing to records since he was like 9. Dudes collection is monster huge. So, i hooked up with him, and his family (wife and 2 kids) today, and we hit a graywhale, and some place that use to be a hastings, but has a new name. Anyway,.... i basically tripled my collection lol.  

21743325_10207462821248332_1290945269670628843_n.jpg.d080835db24700c39bf8c0997af83304.jpg

Super stoked. Gray whale was having a 20% off on everything, so i went a lil full retard there. At the hasting wanna be shop, i nabbed some stooges, and 2 books was ll there But, still rad as fuck to walk around all day and dig through records for hours. Was fun as shit. I got maybe half of what i saw and wanted to buy, but, it is what it is. For now. Im working on another set of book shelf drivers ive had since i was like 15. Some MTX built stuff. Nice black enclosure, with a horn, and small mid. The problem is, that the 8's are blown, and id like to toss something in there. Cut out is 7 and 1/4" OD. Should i just find a replacment MTX driver, OR, can some one recomend something to put in the enclosure ? 

Archived