XS Power

New to XS Power battery

I have had this battery for almost a year. I bought it used for 200 bucks was resting at 12.6v 12.7v.  I used it just for my subs since it does not fit under my hood In a 2002 Honda civic lx. 2 months ago it stayed at 12.4 and i bought a 12v xs power charger. Rright now i checked with a multi meter n it was at 11.8v I didn't turn my sub on for 2 months because I wasn't sure if my battery is bad. It will sound weird when I turned my sub on like it would bass once I turn it on then tune down not sure if my battery is bad or I just wired something wrong I have a d3100. 

Edited by ViViD214

Seeing as you just bought a charger Im sure you never hooked up a charger to it in the past. One of the first things you should do is charge the battery before use.

Next: An alternator is never meant to charge a battery but rather keep them maintained, especially if you have a stock alternator that is typically just large enough to keep the stock battery decent.
Continuing on, batteries that go left with a lower charge can have lead sulfate buildup on the plates inside the battery which causes the battery to become weaker.
If your battery charger has a recondition mode on it I would use that and try to get your battery in good shape again. It would probably be best to remove the battery from the vehicle when doing this so that A: nothing is connected to it, and B: the recovery mode can take a REALLY long time (sometimes even days).
So you dont want to be unplugging the charger to drive your vehicle in the middle of a recovery just to have to go and start that process over again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a xs power hf1215 charger am I able to do it with that? I haven't charged it since I posted this just been sittin in my appartment so it can have a rest voltage and reads between 12.4 n 12.5. By the way I wanted to buy a xs power d1200 for under the hood since the d3100 didnt fit in there, also a xp3000 battery and parallel them is it possible. 

You should read the manual that came with your charger sir.  Also, if the batteries have the same voltage then yes you can use them together. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic