Second Skin Audio

Help with ported eclosure

cleto13

To get a good glue joint you should use glue or clamps, IMHO.  In the end both will provide you will good results.  A air nailer can be very useful for keeping things where you want them when using clamps.  Compared to clamping, screws are slow.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhhh, i'm going to have to disagree. As far as i've seen, the screws do much of nothing once everything is said and done. That glue joint will probably be stronger than the screws and definitely stronger than the wood. Your normal wood glue doesn't do a very good job at sealing because it doesn't really expand. If you need to seal, caulking will do that. I like using PL for that as it expands quite a bit and holds things together like a mofo. Not saying you can't have an airtight joint with just wood glue, as I've seen plenty of people do it, but your cuts have to be very straight. 

1 minute ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

To get a good glue joint you should use glue or clamps, IMHO.  In the end both will provide you will good results.  A air nailer can be very useful for keeping things where you want them when using clamps.  Compared to clamping, screws are slow.  

That's more of what I should've said. Most people will use the nails to keep the pieces in place so they can put the clamps on without having to have this awkward balancing act. 

nope. leave the port as is. also i would double up on the port walls as well, 1.5" thick and make sure there are no gaps where it meets the top and bottom of the box or else the low tuning will rip off your port walls. if you do have some gaps, might want to get PL premium and fill them up good.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived