Second Skin Audio

why are dual x-8 enclosure dimensions so hard to find

silentecho77

need help with an enclosure for 2 sundown x-8 v2 d2. info about x-8's online is very limited, especially for a dual sub box. i removed the rear seats in my 2004 silverado extended cab and currently have 2 jl audio 10w3v3-4's in 2 L-port boxes downfiring sub and port, 1 x-8 in a vented cube box on top with sub and port firing forward.  i just received my 2nd x-8 2 days ago, so i need a box for 2 now.  i really want to build a box that has the 2 subs firing forward and 2 ports, each port firing into the rear corners of ext. cab.  if that wont work just build a shared chamber L port with only 1 port aimed out of the right rear corner. eventually i'd like to build a show quality half-wall or enclosure up to the bottom of my rear window with a custom dash and center console but keeping my obsession reeled in to reality for now.  if anyone could post a screenshot of the sketchup dual x-8 box plans with dimensions on a cut list would be amazing, but any ideas are welcome,  the more creative the better. i have many things hindering my ability to find what i need so any help would be great, i can't open the sketchup designs on sundowns website or get sketchup to load on my computer & hav gotten terrible results when trying to enter TS specs into other box design apps (i can build almost anything with my hands, but suck at computers)  i emailed sundown asking for assistance over a week ago and again 2 days ago and have not gotten a response, also i can't afford to spend money on blueprints or several hundred for a prefab box, nor would i if i could, i have done all my own installing and fabrication for my truck stereo and i enjoy doing it. Anyway, please help...and may your car audio system always be upgrading. ???

The best way for you to get the help you want is to post the available dimensions you have to work with, and what amp you'll be using to drive the subs with. Theres a few great enclosure designers here that will gladly assist you once they have that information. 

thx reedal, plenty of room I'll adjust everything else around the x-8's schedule,lol, i think if i kept it under 50" wide, 20" tall, and 22" deep i could still make room for the kitchen sink. Gonna have the 2 x-8' v2 d2 running parallel into 2ohm load on a Soundstream RUB1.1600D ???

ps. can i get some opinions if they're not in short supply, i had my 2 jl 10w3v3-4's in a dual chamber sealed box runnin on an Alpine MRP-M650 parralel at 2ohms, was super disappointed, built 2 L-slot enclosures for them with same amp, was happy but not impressed, then finally could afford the JL JX1000/1D,  now impressed but (in true bass addict fashion) i think i could still get more out of em, would they hit harder if i went back to sealed now that i got enough juice behind em?

Archived